Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > headset.

Old 05-11-2007, 06:34 PM
dubman
BigColor&Excited4SoupMan

Justice
hype Hype Hype HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE

Last edited by dubman; 08-18-2007 at 07:29 PM.
Old 05-12-2007, 01:39 AM
Jafs
Tells

Re: Justice - â€*
Yes.

Wasn"t too conviced by the Water of Nazareth EP at first, but since I'm more into it. The title track is bouncing as hell.

Totally hate "We are Your friend" and still hate it.

I've just heard 2 more tracks than the new official single "D.A.N.C.E.": DVNO & Stress. I begin to wait for the album...
Old 05-12-2007, 12:37 PM
joethelion
needing Diet Mountain Dew

it's really that good?

I dunno - but I was really let down by "Phantom". It basically just sounded like a rip-off of a track off of Daft Punk's "Human After All"... but maybe even slower than anything on that album

it's funny... everyone loves Justice, but hated that DP album...
Old 05-12-2007, 03:34 PM
dubman
BigColor&Excited4SoupMan

that's because they're absolutely nothing alike.

phantom beats the living hell out of anything on human after all, and i'm one of the few that *likes* that album a lot. the resemblance to each other is only passing.

????
Old 05-12-2007, 03:55 PM
joethelion
needing Diet Mountain Dew

really? To me... they sound very much alike

Although - I will say that I enjoy a lot of Justice's releases...

I just think that sometimes - there's a bit too much hype
Old 05-12-2007, 10:16 PM
Scott Warner
delicious candy taster

Send a message via AIM to Scott Warner
It's alright. Starts off strong with some proto-Daft Punk before running of gas most of the way. "D.A.N.C.E." and a track later on the record I'm forgetting the name of sound like house versions of the Go Team which are neat syrupy things but they don't have enough for a full rekkid here.
Quote:
phantom beats the living hell out of anything on human after all,
Very true but then again so do most things.

Last edited by Scott Warner; 05-12-2007 at 11:57 PM.
Old 05-13-2007, 01:31 AM
dubman
BigColor&Excited4SoupMan

damn, i'm getting more than a few reactions like this wherever i go. theres a lot who are on board, but i think i'm the only one this excited about it.

i dunno, i'm hopelessly in love and i was sorta *expecting* for it to not live up, but it really is that goal finally acheived in my head of how to do noisy dirty electro absolutely perfectly. not one track on here is a dud for me.

it's just one of those albums that seems like it was custom made for me and wht i think music should sound like, and that hasnt happened since 2003's 'like hearts swelling' by polmo polpo.
Old 05-13-2007, 01:36 AM
Jafs
Tells

New Jack & Stress are my highlights for the moment. But I need to listen to the album on CD quality to make a real idea of their work.
Old 05-13-2007, 05:08 AM
ffolkes
Rufus Excalibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethelion
I dunno - but I was really let down by "Phantom". It basically just sounded like a rip-off of a track off of Daft Punk's "Human After All"... but maybe even slower than anything on that album
the most disappointing thing about "phantom" is that i'm always waiting for it to kick into the gear that goblin's original from tenebre did...

tenebre's theme was fucking ace, and even phantom starts out like a promising mix. too bad it just gets nowhere. talk about a waste

ps. anyone wanting to hear more ed banger should check out "ed banger rec vol 1" and "vol 2".
Old 05-16-2007, 10:25 AM
fob
mouseman

I think Justice is basically an edgier version of what Daft Punk does in their live shows.

They fall into that new genre of punk-electronic music, whatever it's called (with MSTRKRFT and a few others I've forgotten about for the time being).