Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > technique.

Old 10-24-2011, 07:41 AM
m.g.
teh n00b

Re: Rugby
Well... how can I say... erm... I'd say that for 2 weeks we were having the world against us (writing/saying ugly things about the French team) and I think and hope that this match was the best possible answer.

Another thing is that I thought the minimum we deserved in a world cup final was a fair and impartial refereeing, which was not the case imo (but apparently not only in my opinion after what I could hear and read here and there) Mr Joubert simply forgetting his wistle for nearly every fault the Blacks commited at a less than 40 meters from their goalposts.

Therefore, the least I can say is that it was a very pale victory for the Blacks (I'll stay on this fantastic team not able during 80mins to play their rugby and trying, not to win the match, but avoiding to lose it).

In the end, looking at the whole tournament, a deserved victory for New Zealand.

A very brave and courageous from the Welsh, but logically and deservedly won by Australia.

VoilĂ*.

but also
Old 06-14-2012, 03:51 AM
chuck
i'm getting older too

Send a message via ICQ to chuck Send a message via AIM to chuck
Re: Rugby
That final was an amazing night.

I sat down with mates to watch it - and when asked what I thought the score would be, I said... "Don't care, as long as we've got one more point than them at the final whistle". ... Didn't imagine how

Cracking game - tense beyond all expectations. Stephen Donald, coming on to kick the winning goal - having being called in from a fishing vacation 10 days before the final. He'd actually ignored the messages on his phone, thinking it was someone taking the piss. The 4th choice first five in the country - getting just enough points to win.

You could blame Joubert if you were a French supporter - just like some All Black supporters still blame Wayne Barnes for 2007.

I got to go to 3 games, Fiji v. Springboks, Argentina v. Scotland, and South Africa v. Wales. Fantastic atmosphere, a festival all over the country. I don't think the RWC will ever return to NZ - so I'm pretty chuffed to have enjoyed it and been a small part of it.

This video sums up the day/evening of that final so very well.

- S. Colbert