Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2015, 08:45 AM
qirex
mouseman

Anymore bangers in the future?
Just saw this over on reddit and made me think. I'm thoroughly enjoying their output over the last 15 years but do you guys think we'll hear another hard hitting club track again from the duo?
Old 11-28-2015, 12:43 PM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
Re: Anymore bangers in the future?
I guess this all depends on how you define a hard hitting club track or "banger". Case could be made that several tracks from the Barking sessions were of that vein (" Scribble", "Always loved a film", " Downpipe", "Diamond Jigsaw", etc).

I'm holding out hope that the new record is upbeat and maybe a bit aggressive... Track 2 of the Shining Future preview seems like it could really move and groove, similar to Momove. As I said in the BBWFASF thread, track 1 sounds like a lead single to me, an uplifting club hit in the spirit of Two Month Off, maybe...

Beaucoup Fish will always be the pinnacle of banging for me, since there are several loud, drum heavy singles. But each album has had its highs, lows, dance cuts and reflective ambience. UW...definitely an albums band, and I like the variety. Kudos to them that each LP has a unique identity, or " Feel", to be subjective!
Old 11-28-2015, 04:17 PM
khouri
khondo dweller

Two Months Off, Dinosaur Adventure 3D, Always Loved a Film, Scribble, Bewteen Stars... I'd qualify all those as bangers. They don't sound like the old anthems but I would assume that's due to the lack of Emerson's influence, since that's the only change I can see from the outside.
Old 11-29-2015, 10:01 AM
qirex
mouseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by holden View Post
I guess this all depends on how you define a hard hitting club track or "banger". Case could be made that several tracks from the Barking sessions were of that vein (" Scribble", "Always loved a film", " Downpipe", "Diamond Jigsaw", etc).

I'm holding out hope that the new record is upbeat and maybe a bit aggressive... Track 2 of the Shining Future preview seems like it could really move and groove, similar to Momove. As I said in the BBWFASF thread, track 1 sounds like a lead single to me, an uplifting club hit in the spirit of Two Month Off, maybe...

Beaucoup Fish will always be the pinnacle of banging for me, since there are several loud, drum heavy singles. But each album has had its highs, lows, dance cuts and reflective ambience. UW...definitely an albums band, and I like the variety. Kudos to them that each LP has a unique identity, or " Feel", to be subjective!
Right, that's precisely what I meant. Rez/Cowgirl, Tin There, Kittens, Pearls Girl.. tracks with a hard edge while tracks like TMO, Crocodile & ALAF were more..."nice". AHDO, OWB & Barking are excellent in their own right but I wouldn't mind some new stuff with a little attitude if that makes sense. It could be they're in a "happier" place now and that's where the music is evolving. Regardless can't wait for the new album, I love everything they put out.
Old 11-30-2015, 05:18 AM
potatobroth
bungalow

We need another Kittens/Rowla.
Old 11-30-2015, 08:47 AM
BrotherLovesDub
barking dog

I read this post on Reddit. The OP is basically talking about a kick drum sound + tempo. They've made bangers since, as people here have pointed out, but the OP just prefers those 909 kicks to the softer edged kick sounds used from AHDO forward.