Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 07-24-2012, 09:54 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Re: Olympic Ceremony music to be released digitally right after the event!
The Chemical Brothers song is the official song for cycling events. It's part of the "Rock the Games" initiative, that is putting music in all aspects of the Olympics.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8HR4OY20120627

As for Underworld music, I heard that as the Olympic torch enters the stadium, Two Months Off will play.
Old 07-25-2012, 09:51 AM
buzzelvis
river

Re: Isles of Wonder - Music for the Opening Ceremony of the London 2012 Olympic Games
Anyone know if this will be a UK itunes only release? So far no ability to preorder in US itunes....

I will go for physical copy anyway but would like access a.s.a.p. -
Old 07-25-2012, 12:00 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Re: Isles of Wonder - Music for the Opening Ceremony of the London 2012 Olympic Games
I wouldn't worry. I"m pretty sure it'll be available worldwide at the same time. They also mentioned it being available on as many download and streaming providers as possible, so I'm sure it'll be on other places too like AmazonMP3, 7Digital, Rhapsody, Google Play, etc.
Old 07-26-2012, 01:18 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzelvis View Post
Anyone know if this will be a UK itunes only release? So far no ability to preorder in US itunes....
It's up on iTunes US now too.
Old 07-26-2012, 01:24 PM
testudo
JunkiesCriminalsFugitives

Location: The international territory and the mighty infamous
As cool as getting the soundtrack is... I feel that this work will be best viewed with video/visuals. Having said that anyone trying capture video? (sorry if this is a bit too RTSR)
Old 07-26-2012, 02:53 PM
Dirty0900
Only £50 a show,book now.

BBC Newsnight just used Glam Bucket as music on a games report
Old 07-26-2012, 10:34 PM
Troy McClure
I'm the Spoonman

On the NBC Nightly News, they showed a small video clip of the final rehearsal from today. The music was The Beatles 'Come Together' though.

And there was a pretty extensive interview with Danny Boyle on NBC tonight regarding his films and any hints about the Ceremonies. He was very tight lipped, and nothing new was given away that we hadn't already seen. No mention of Underworld. But hopefully that will change during the broadcast Friday night.

-Jason
Old 07-27-2012, 04:22 AM
pw32
river

If you go down to point 7 in this article it seems to indicate that Underworld's music will be used during the athletes parade.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18994490
Old 07-27-2012, 04:48 AM
Dirty0900
Only £50 a show,book now.

Mr Ian already posted that his mate on site said it sounded beaty. Good sign
Old 07-27-2012, 05:32 AM
cacophony
disquietude

I have a friend who is working on the release and he sent me a track listing today. It's not just a bit of underworld, it's underworld heavy. He swore me to secrecy about the tracks themselves but I'll share information that I think won't get anyone in trouble.

There are two tracks where UW are listed first, followed by other artists. Given the other artist names these tracks will probably be somewhat filmic, rather than their solo work. [run time removed]

There are [several] UW tracks also appearing on the release. Run times vary, [run times removed]. There are sequential numbers in the listing that indicate some of these tracks will run back to back, but some missing track numbers indicate other pieces not owned by UW will be interspersed.

The tracks span their career. The tracks appearing are drawn from the following albums: Barking, OWB, STITI, DNB, and one non-album release.

[edited to remove more specifics like run time and number of tracks. sorry, i felt guilty for sharing so much]

Last edited by cacophony; 07-27-2012 at 06:06 AM.