Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > moments.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2007, 04:30 PM
graphex
river

Re: Underworld @ Red Rocks
The Fillmore is pretty bland. I'm sure it is cheaper so I can see some band manager looking at the sales figures and checking off the one that gets more $$, but Red Rocks is so much more interesting.

I'm pretty sure it was a numbers game that caused the venue change.

One bright side might be that I think Red Rocks has a more limited end time, so they might be able to play longer at the Fillmore. Still, if you're flying in for the event, it is probably time to look at trading in your ticket. Red Rocks can hold a candle to NYC and SF, but the Fillmore? no way.
Old 09-08-2007, 07:28 PM
seussman71
river

Quote:
Originally Posted by swannman
!!! I wonder if the weather forecast played a part, or they weren't going to fill the venue...?

I'm disappointed, I was really looking forward to the outdoors.
Red Rocks is usually a rain or shine...in fact, I haven't seen too many shows where it didn't at least sprinkle on you...it's just part of the experience...heh.

Summers in Denver usually include a late afternoon / early evening shower, but it's not too bad unless it's a true storm, then it can get nasty and windy.

I'm extremely disappointed that they moved this show to the Fillmore. I have nothing against the venue...it's not bad...in fact, Nine Inch Nails did a two night set there last year, but still, there's nothing to compare to Red Rocks, and experiencing nature, especially if you are enhancing your experience.

It's a LOT more intimate at the Fillmore, if that helps, but for me, I'd much rather see them at Red Rocks.

Damn...now I wish I had taken time off to go see the Hollywood Bowl concert or the Central Park one...grrr...wonder if I can still sneak out to either place and do it up right...

-m-
Old 09-08-2007, 07:39 PM
seussman71
river

Quote:
Originally Posted by gambit
I heard from a friend that Fillmore Auditorium is smaller, so I don't know.
The Fillmore in Denver seats about 3,600, which is a far cry from the 9,000 that Red Rocks can hold...[sigh]

Ah well...at least we get to see them...after being a fan for almost 20 years, this is my first live show...

I will not let this get me down...I will not let this get me down...I will not let this get me down...I will not let this get me down...I will not let this get me down...I will not let this get me down...

-m-
Old 09-08-2007, 09:02 PM
sunflowereye
mouseman

This is truly disappointing. We've been excited for months about Red Rocks. Let's hope the boys will give us an extra long set to make up for the change in venue.
Old 09-08-2007, 09:05 PM
aaron5000
mouseman

Sorry to hear about the venue change. I saw how much some of you were looking forward to it. It's going to be a rad show either way though.
Old 09-08-2007, 09:23 PM
botkiller
-tired, so tired.

Hey guys, will there be a dirts meetup before the show? I'll be there - I wanna be front row center for UW
Old 09-08-2007, 10:00 PM
gambit
magic city writer

I think the email recall had something to do with missing ticket refund information in the first email. I think? I don't know. It still says the Fillmore on the Red Rocks site. Still. Fuck.
Old 09-08-2007, 10:34 PM
graphex
river

The first email was recalled because it said Friday, September 11. They sent out another email confirming the venue change with the date corrected to say Tuesday, September 11.

I'm just trying to think of the bright side now... I think the sound of the Fillmore is better than Red Rocks, which can have some weird echoes. I can also take a bus to the Fillmore, so I can drown my sorrows after the show and not have to drive home. Hopefully that won't be necessary.
Old 09-09-2007, 07:48 AM
gambit
magic city writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by graphex
The first email was recalled because it said Friday, September 11. They sent out another email confirming the venue change with the date corrected to say Tuesday, September 11.

I'm just trying to think of the bright side now... I think the sound of the Fillmore is better than Red Rocks, which can have some weird echoes. I can also take a bus to the Fillmore, so I can drown my sorrows after the show and not have to drive home. Hopefully that won't be necessary.
And you can save your legs from dying up the climb to Red Rocks.
Old 09-09-2007, 11:34 AM
munga
back porch

Send a message via AIM to munga
not happy about the venue change, but i guess we will have to deal with it. at least it's less than 2 mile away from where we are staying.

any decisions made on a dirty meet yet?