Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > moments.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2009, 11:59 AM
kesare
river

Re: Underworld @ Koolhaus in Toronto ( Tue Aug 11 2009 )
I just moved up here from the states and am trying hard to get to this show! last time i saw underworld was at the Hollywood Bowl back in 07 and have been FIENDING for another fix. Tix are still up on ticketmaster and really hoping i can get down into toronto for it. Though it being on a tuesday is REALLY brutal. Never been to koolhaus before, any info on it would be appreciated. is it in a good neighborhood? any precautions i should take?

THANKS everyone and so hoping to rock out with you there!
Old 08-07-2009, 01:56 PM
ndrwrld
blue

bring $15 or $20 for parking directly across the venue on the south side of Queens Quay.
Kevlar will not be needed at this event.
Underworld people are peaceful.
bring comfy shoes.

Old 08-07-2009, 09:59 PM
Dipson
river

Watching the Oakland stream now, can't wait to see them on Tuesday!
First UW show for me, good times will be had, no doubt
Old 08-08-2009, 07:33 PM
prefekt
dot net

augh, in the neverending saga that is 'this extra pair of tickets', my friends now can't make it. I bought them when they were $30/each, so all i want to do is recoup my costs. Face value, nothing more. The bonus here is that if anyone hasn't bought tickets yet and they would like these, they'd be paying less than if they were to get them from t/m or the gate.

I hope this doesn't violate any of the TOU, although i couldn't find a spot that would indicate that it did.

PM me if you want them. I know it's not sold out, but as a returning student, it would be nice to be able to not come out of this taking a big loss.
Old 08-08-2009, 10:09 PM
Dirty Canuck
American Style..Haunts Me

Longtime no write. As the boys entertained us with a full-length "Cups" in '99 and "Dirty Epic" in '02 (both rarities in their setlists), my guts telling me that the Toronto show is going to be something special.
See you all there.
Old 08-09-2009, 10:48 PM
ndrwrld
blue

^ ditto.

Old 08-10-2009, 06:17 AM
emotionmachine
immaculate contraption

hey gang. Coupla questions...

I'm coming to the dirty meet before the show, but I'm taking GO Transit since I don't drive so I'm wondering two things:

1) if there is going to be any free space in a vehicle to get to the show from the meetup.

2) if there is anyone from the Hammer going to the meetup/show that I could hitch a ride back to town with, then I wont have to rush off in a hurry after the show to make the 12:30 am bus (or perhaps before the show is finished as when I saw Erasure there in 1998)

No big if there isn't, I'm prepared to cab it around if I have to, but if there's anyone who meets either of these criteria and doesn't mind helping out a fellow fan, just PM me, I'd appreciate it a lot. I'd pitch in for gas, or booze whichever is preferred.

Thanks guys. I'm so psyched for the show. this is a moment i've been waiting for for a long time.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:13 AM
prefekt
dot net

It's starting to get pretty surreal, the fact that it's tomorrow.
I mean you wait for christmas, or summer, or your birthday, but those happen once a year.
Hell, you might even wait for the world cup if you were so inclined... but that's once every four years.
I've been waiting for almost seven years for tomorrow to happen and i can't possibly imagine being any more excited, although i know that 30 hours from now i will somehow manage to pull it off.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:48 AM
emotionmachine
immaculate contraption

agreed prefekt. I've been holding off watching the live stream from the other day because I kind of want to be surprised at what I'm going to see... but i RREALLLYY wanted to watch it. I was unable to see it live as my computer died completely the day before the scheduled broadcast, so that kind of ended that debate right there. heh.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:21 AM
Da Punisher
river

Re: Deck Party
Sounds cool, I'll send a PM.