Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > treatment.

Old 12-07-2006, 12:51 PM
Renze
mouseman

CarnivÃ*le
I just finished watching the entire series (2 seasons). I'm greatly pissed off that this was cancelled. Best show I've seen in a long while.
Daniel Knauf's plan was to make a 6 season show, divided into 3 'books', going from the great depression/dustbowl time to the end of WW2. Every book would be two seasons long, so we've only seen book one so far.

I really hope HBO will bring it back. There are rumors of a miniseries or feature film...
Old 12-07-2006, 01:19 PM
dubnobasswithme
koob!

Re: CarnivÃ*le
i too really enjoyed both seasons of carnivale and was sad to see it get cancelled. there's so much potential for good stories given how things play out at the end of the last episode

uw0006
Old 12-08-2006, 12:39 AM
King of Snake
smoking on the airplane

oh damn, only two seasons? I'm just about finishing up the second season now and I found it amazing, was hoping there would be more to come...
Best thing I saw since Deadwood.
What's with cancelling all the great shows?
Old 12-08-2006, 08:46 AM
Renze
mouseman

Well, the ratings dropped and the show became more expensive to produce. It's a bloody shame.
Old 02-01-2007, 07:49 AM
Jafs
Tells

I bought the 2 seasons today, maybe because it's the only quality television series I missed when played(I just saw the 5 first episodes).
Old 02-01-2007, 03:48 PM
dirtytomato
river

Send a message via AIM to dirtytomato Send a message via Yahoo to dirtytomato
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renze
Well, the ratings dropped and the show became more expensive to produce. It's a bloody shame.
Expensive = quality. It had an incredible storyline and was shot very cinematically, based on how shots were framed. I was wowed by last summer, and although there was some closure on the last episode, there was still much to be explored in the following seasons.
Old 02-01-2007, 04:47 PM
b.miller
Gentleman Loafer

Send a message via ICQ to b.miller Send a message via AIM to b.miller Send a message via MSN to b.miller Send a message via Yahoo to b.miller
the story I'd always heard was that Knauf's blueprint was to have three 2-season stories amounting to a 6-season show... so the next season would've been nearly completely different anyway... and due to cost/viewers/whatever HBO decided to end it at 2 rather than 4 or 6.
Old 05-25-2009, 09:08 PM
Strangelet
rico suave

Just finished this. both seasons, in a week's time, I was so hooked. They pulled liberally from literature and the bible. therese raquine, matthew lewis's the monk, the grapes of wrath, are the books I could identify. by far the best television show ever made.

- Mark Twain