Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2012, 05:05 AM
darkvoice
mouseman

Bamboo
Hi folks,

I would very much play Bamboo during a DJ set somewhere in August. But where can I get a good enough quality version... I don't want to use the live versions, although they're good: it's not usual to play them in a DJ set...

I know there is some kind of studio version of this song available. Underworld played in one of there webradio broadcasts. Does anyone have a good quality version for me?

Or better: can't we pursuade the band to sell this in their shop?

Cheers!
Gr,
Mark
Old 07-13-2012, 05:26 AM
potatobroth
bungalow

Re: Bamboo
I believe they played it once during their radio show, but it started skipping and getting all garbled during. I can't remember if there is a clean version of this floating around.
Old 07-13-2012, 03:53 PM
twicezero
mouseman

the 2008-06-11 version is solid I think, no break up - that or I edited my version to be smoooth....

Always Loved a Film (R51br6#08) had some skips in it, but an edit put that right, though I lost some of the lovely spoken word bits
Old 07-17-2012, 04:15 PM
funkboy3
Just this guy

I'm a fan of the version from the Oblivion Ball Lemonworld broadcast (2007-11-13), and I think its free from any dropouts. There's some discussion from Karl talking over the end of it about maybe releasing it as a download, but you could fade out before that without losing too much. (Sadly said download release still hasn't happened, but I hold out hope).
Old 07-26-2012, 02:06 PM
crazysugarboy
pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkvoice View Post
Hi folks,

I would very much play Bamboo during a DJ set somewhere in August. But where can I get a good enough quality version... I don't want to use the live versions, although they're good: it's not usual to play them in a DJ set...

I know there is some kind of studio version of this song available. Underworld played in one of there webradio broadcasts. Does anyone have a good quality version for me?

Or better: can't we pursuade the band to sell this in their shop?

Cheers!
Gr,
Mark
I have a 9 minute version on iTunes - I think from one of their broadcasts (Karl speaks briefly at the end). I could burn you a cd if you like. Simply PM your address, if you like. M
Old 11-27-2012, 07:51 AM
darkvoice
mouseman

Hi folks,

Sorry for the late reply. Had some shit with my email, so did not get any updates on this.
Anyway: thanks for the replies. Are your versions the same as this: ?

Then we all have the same stuff. I've rocked the place with this mix in my dj set, so at least my goal was achieved.

Gr,
Mark
Old 11-27-2012, 11:54 AM
spacejunk
vision, come on...

This is my fave version from the Lemonworld Studio Session 11/6/2008

BAM! BOO!
Old 11-27-2012, 12:12 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

There's a bit longer one from the Oblivion Ball Radio Special that clocks in at almost 10 minutes. Available on RTSR.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:11 AM
darkvoice
mouseman

I've requested access to the RTSR Yahoo mailinglist, but did not hear anything yet from the webmaster. Any clue who to contact? Would love to hear the Oblivion Ball Radio version.

Thanks