Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > headset.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2008, 09:06 AM
Mike
born013

Coldplay,
I really, really loathe Coldplay and their depressive, tiresome music....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7452341.stm

What a miserable, sulky twat!

Mike
Old 06-13-2008, 10:51 AM
Sean
Where in the world...?

Re: Coldplay,
I've find myself cringing every time I see the commercial on tv promoting their new album on itunes. It has footage from their newest video I think, and Chris Martin even looks like a pompous ass when he's dancing.

You too can enjoy his jerky assitude .
Old 06-13-2008, 11:38 AM
Strangelet
rico suave

really *really* do not enjoy coldplay. I think there should be a rule that you can't incorporate works of art like the painting on their new album cover if you are clearly never going to be as important to history.

Now I'm going to have to think about Chris's mopey ass every time I see that painting and that's just a crime.

I think they can turn out a few decent, albeit disposable, musical moments. They should just match their songs with a mind set similar to their sound. They should be singing about love, heart-ache, the difficulty of finding vegan restaurants on tour. leave the silver-and-gold u2 style social protesting bullshit out.

I just read recently that Stephanie Meyer, that hack mormon, writes her books listening to coldplay.

such concentrated evil....

- Mark Twain

Old 06-13-2008, 12:11 PM
jOHN rODRIGUEZ
SystematicallyDisadsomthg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strangelet View Post
I just read recently that Stephanie Meyer, that hack mormon, writes her books listening to coldplay.

such concentrated evil....

What, exactly, makes her a hack? And what, exactly, makes her words concentrated evil? Been trying to check out Twilight from the library for months now.

Old 06-13-2008, 12:41 PM
IsiliRunite
de la Michigan

Send a message via AIM to IsiliRunite
Coldplay isn't that big in the states anymore, luckily. I think Brian Eno produced the new record, I assume a few of you like him at least
Old 06-13-2008, 01:03 PM
Strangelet
rico suave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jOHN rODRIGUEZ View Post
What, exactly, makes her a hack? And what, exactly, makes her words concentrated evil? Been trying to check out Twilight from the library for months now.
She writes in first person and describes her own eyes shining in the moonlight. how the hell do you see your own eyes so as to describe them?
In a forest? without mirrors?

besides she was rude to a nice girl I know working at a bookstore downtown slc.

and how the hell can you write anything good listening to coldplay?

seems like the work of satan, gotta be honest.

- Mark Twain

Old 06-13-2008, 01:54 PM
Dirty0900
Only £50 a show,book now.

Don't mind them, ok but nothing amazingly good with this release.

If your label is pushing this release, you will be sick of interviews but you have to do them and having artwork based on a track title is a perfectly fine question to ask. Hell I'd ask that and probe further as to why they did nothing else and do something better.
Old 06-15-2008, 06:27 PM
pafufta816
mouseman

Send a message via AIM to pafufta816
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsiliRunite View Post
Coldplay isn't that big in the states anymore, luckily. I think Brian Eno produced the new record, I assume a few of you like him at least
yeah and brian eno produced a bunch of U2 albums, and i find them as boring and spectacle as coldplay are.
Old 06-16-2008, 09:04 AM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
Mopey mood music, a little bland in spots, but i still find myself enjoying them more than not.

Parachutes and their early EPs were nice, because other than "yellow", they were still fairly unknown and the songs more guitar-reliant.
A Rush of Blood to the Head is actually fairly broad in style, songs like "Daylight", the title cut and "Amsterdam" are very well produced. But the big hits and Martin's piano overusage probably turned the tide.
With "X & Y" and this new one "Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends", expectation/hype most certainly exceed the output.
Old 06-16-2008, 01:11 PM
mmm skyscraper
fac123

I can handle the music, it's just Chris Martin I can't stand. Also every xylophone player seems to know 'Clocks', but why can't they learn 'Clear' by Cybotron?