Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2008, 04:36 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Re: Parc?
Good job, Chino. Bad handwriting, ftl. Why did that DJ have to talk over the whole last half of it?

OK, so it is Darc. And it is from Amsterdam 2005. Kind of. It doesn't have the audience noise mixed in. And, it's had more percussion added to it, starting at the 1:27 mark of Chino's file, which corresponds to 3:13 of the Darc download from the old Archive.

Kinda weird. It's almost as if Darc's never been laid down properly in the studio. For example, with Bamboo, although it had live performances, we heard proper studio versions in the Music Bank Jam, and more recently on the radio broadcasts. But for Darc, on the Southampton broadcast, we just got the live Amsterdam performance again. And then here, we get a tweaked version of the live Amsterdam performance.

Edit: And it was just played again 5 minutes ago. 20:33 japan time.

Edit 2: Nice to see more Japanese fans on the board. Welcome!

Last edited by TheBang; 05-08-2008 at 04:43 AM.
Old 05-08-2008, 05:30 AM
stauff
thin paper wings

Send a message via ICQ to stauff
Thanks for the recording Chino!
darktrainへようこそ。

A little bit disappointing in a way, I was hoping for a new song, or at least a significantly different mix of darc :|
Old 05-08-2008, 05:35 AM
lloyd
bungalow

thnx.
Yeah the podcast are only overviews of the programs from what I can tell, 18 mins long for groove line etc. But that was what I could find as possible source.
Old 05-08-2008, 06:55 AM
Jan
vision

Thanks for the recording!

I wouldn't be surprised if they reused the vocals and the guitar from the Amsterdam performance for the "studio" version, because that live version was absolutely flawless... Also, I think that's what the RiverRun is all about, music "straight from the mixing desk" and developed live.
Or they were just too lazy to put a proper version together for J-Wave and are using the Amsterdam vocals as 'placeholder'.
uw#0523
Old 05-08-2008, 07:35 AM
BrotherLovesDub
barking dog

Globe from Sofia is also a beautiful performance that really makes me sad for what Holding The Moth turned into. On the one hand, we already have a great recording of Darc (and Globe) so i'm not sure we need a "studio" version, especially if taking it to the studio results in a loss of atmosphere and groove ala Globe-->Holding The Moth.
Old 05-08-2008, 07:54 AM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
thanks, Chino is nagano....nice first post!

Well, yeah, it's always lovely to hear "Darc", but it would be magical to hear a clean studio version. Maybe forthcoming? Otherwise, why the sudden heavy play on J-Radio? i get the feeling this will be on Japanese iTunes or something.

Re: Globe--> Holding the Moth. Agree that the former was a bit smoother, and the OWB version is a bit "Cups'-ish, i still love those lyrics, so no harm done in my mind.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:24 AM
potatobroth
bungalow

Globe > Holding the Moth

So Parc is Darc. Or maybe Darc is Parc? Either way, this is one I'd love a clean recording of.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:32 AM
sanakan
junkie-criminal-fugitive

Quote:
Originally Posted by chino_is_nagano1125 View Post
I felt that this resembled a recording source at heineken music hall 2005's.
And I think that this is "Darc" so that everybody writes it.
yes, that amasterdam recording (formerly addressed as "HMH #1") was indeed the "darc" we were talking about. thanks so much for the recording! international dirty-network FTW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stauff View Post
"To celebrate J-WAVE's historic 20th year since beginning broadcast, Underworld's new track "Parc" has been picked as the "20th J-WAVE Anniversary Song"!"
so there's a release in sight?
my signature had an effect!
Old 05-08-2008, 10:58 AM
gillenium

Pushy signatures unite!

This is strange... it is clearly Karl's singing and guitar from Amsterdam, but a few things are different, and they somehow cut out the audience noise. I hope this isn't the end-all release of Darc, because the Atlanta version is way better.

And what's with the horrible DJ? Everybody knows you don't talk over a singer. Maybe they do things differently (and more annoyingly) in Japan.
Old 05-08-2008, 12:45 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillenium View Post
and they somehow cut out the audience noise.
When dealing with live soundboard recordings, they almost always have a separate mic specifically to record audience noise, and then it is mixed in at appropriate levels with the soundboard feed in post-production.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillenium View Post
Maybe they do things differently (and more annoyingly) in Japan.
Things are definitely done differently in Japan.