Re: 2 San Francisco Shows Added
maybe he got mugged in LA once
Old 07-28-2007, 03:11 AM
mark3
pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron5000
Why is there two dates in san fran and only one in LA?
Not easy to satisfy, are ya?
Old 07-28-2007, 03:28 AM
stimpee
Administrator

BLD has never been one to shy away from controversy to make a point. Just take it with a pinch of salt and read between the lines. He doesnt like LA thats all.

I knew there were SF gigs coming but I wasnt allowed to say Still, i'd love to make it over there but its not gonna happen. I dont arrive in NYC til the 7th!
Old 07-28-2007, 08:12 AM
dc_04
mouseman

i can understand not liking LA, but I think the hollywood bowl is a magnificent venue for the boys. i'd rate it just a hair behind red rocks as the best spot on the US tour.

http://www.rhettsmith.com/blog/archi...woodbowl_2.jpg

- dc
Old 07-28-2007, 12:08 PM
Cadevil
exilio

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_04
i can understand not liking LA, but I think the hollywood bowl is a magnificent venue for the boys. i'd rate it just a hair behind red rocks as the best spot on the US tour.

http://www.rhettsmith.com/blog/archi...woodbowl_2.jpg

- dc
I can buy the argument that Red Rocks would be a great venue just for the sheer surrounding nature...but Hollywood bowl?...with a capacity of 17,416?

The Warfield is small and intimate (capacity 2250)...less than half the size of Brixton.

I think the coolest venue on this tour is Central Park, anyway. It's outdoor, natural and urban, and perfectly suits the Underworld aesthetic.
Old 07-28-2007, 01:13 PM
EuroZeroZero
Antistar

any word on when tickets go on sale?

this is looking to be much better than the la venue...
Old 07-29-2007, 12:26 AM
grady
fac321

I dropped my LA plans as soon as these two dates were announced. The venue is wonderful!

Furthermore, I saw the boys there in October 02, almost five years ago and it was perhaps one of the greatest shows I've ever seen. Not only did they open with Luetin(!), they played Little Speaker which as far as we've all been able to discern was the only time it was ever broken out live(!!), but I met Rick and Karl before the show getting my photo with them and was down in front right in front of the board(!!!).

Alright, I'm a bit too excited about everything, but it was just such a damn memorable and enjoyable experience that I can't help it!
Old 07-29-2007, 01:22 AM
EuroZeroZero
Antistar

Quote:
Originally Posted by grady
I dropped my LA plans as soon as these two dates were announced. The venue is wonderful!

Furthermore, I saw the boys there in October 02, almost five years ago and it was perhaps one of the greatest shows I've ever seen. Not only did they open with Luetin(!), they played Little Speaker which as far as we've all been able to discern was the only time it was ever broken out live(!!), but I met Rick and Karl before the show getting my photo with them and was down in front right in front of the board(!!!).

Alright, I'm a bit too excited about everything, but it was just such a damn memorable and enjoyable experience that I can't help it!
i feel the same way about the wiltern venue in LA 5 years ago. best show ever. so this year i was dissapointed with the bowl. so ill definately be jumping on this bandwagon....now just hopefully i can get some floor seats....no idea when they go on sale tho...
Old 07-29-2007, 10:01 AM
dubman
BigColor&Excited4SoupMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by grady

haha, i was up there with you (though neither of us knew it). i didnt get to meet 'em, but i did go pretty wild. great night.

if i can, i WILL overdraw my bank to see them at least once if not twice.
i practially shouted "oh shit" in a room full of younger cousins when i saw this.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:05 AM
grady
fac321

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubman
haha, i was up there with you (though neither of us knew it). i didnt get to meet 'em, but i did go pretty wild. great night.

if i can, i WILL overdraw my bank to see them at least once if not twice.
i practially shouted "oh shit" in a room full of younger cousins when i saw this.
Thats true dubman, you were also four people in front of me in line waiting outside the Warfield for about three hours, though, once again, neither of us knew it. You were first in line, If I'm not mistaken.

Are you planning on getting there that early again?

Yeah, I'm not quite overdrawn on this trip, but it's dipping into my a vacation fund to go see a friend in France early next year. But two shows of underworld is worth it.

dirty meet?