Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > headset.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2007, 11:10 AM
GreenPea
<3 vokills

Send a message via AIM to GreenPea
Re: Burial
I was just reading he uses exactly the same sample used a couple years ago by Lurker of Chalice (black metal/ambient project).
From this movie http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0325055/
I don't know on what track as I haven't listened to it yet.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:11 PM
joethelion
needing Diet Mountain Dew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jafs
I haven't seen Inland Empire yet, but when listening to Untrue for the 3rd time, I tought the sample you were talking about may be the one at the start of "Etched Headplate" ?

Nope - the whole intro track "[untitled]"

"I'll show you light now, it burns forever" is straight off of Inland Empire

on the movie it goes on a bit more, but I don't want to give anything away if you happen to ever watch it. The sample doesn't happen until close to the end... a hobo says it to one of the characters

I'm also pretty sure the crackly record noise is also from that
(and the strings as well... although I'm not 100% positive)

...which I also recorded

damn it

well - you know what? As I was already planning on using it... i still am, but I want to make it clear - it's not b/c of Burial...

Last edited by joethelion; 11-06-2007 at 12:13 PM.
Old 11-07-2007, 08:12 AM
kid cue
ryooong

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkb
Huh? Amazon has it on pre-order, at least. More than 500 copies of a double vinyl available only for £39 in the UK if you buy it from the label owner at his house (and btw his number is unlisted, his mailbox is unmarked, and his email address bounces)
yeah, i think i'll order the vinyl LP and download from Bleep. i don't even know why i was so hung up on getting the CD. no one had the import yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh yeah, i wanted to get the CD so that i could listen over and over at work. i'm listening to reggaeton instead -_-
Old 11-07-2007, 08:23 AM
joethelion
needing Diet Mountain Dew

still waiting for the flac on bleep

Tuesday my ass!

normally, I wouldn't care and just buy the mp3's ... but I've noticed it's especially worth it (getting lossless) when it comes to dubstep and really heavy electronic stuff (like Boys Noize, Teenage Bad Girl...)
Old 11-07-2007, 08:29 AM
koisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethelion
still waiting for the flac on bleep

Tuesday my ass!

normally, I wouldn't care and just buy the mp3's ... but I've noticed it's especially worth it (getting lossless) when it comes to dubstep and really heavy electronic stuff (like Boys Noize, Teenage Bad Girl...)
flac!!!!
Old 11-07-2007, 08:50 AM
mkb
abe vigoda's dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid cue
yeah, i think i'll order the vinyl LP and download from Bleep. i don't even know why i was so hung up on getting the CD. no one had the import yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh yeah, i wanted to get the CD so that i could listen over and over at work. i'm listening to reggaeton instead -_-
is there a US place that has it? i'd rather have vinyl than CD or download any day.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:20 AM
kid cue
ryooong

i'm sure Other Music will have it sometime soon (ie, in a week or so). Forced Exposure too, presumably....
Old 11-07-2007, 11:10 AM
mkb
abe vigoda's dead

lab says they'll have it. then i don't have to pay shipping.
Old 11-07-2007, 03:13 PM
Lx_Nen
Romford no more

After giving the new one a couple of listens... the pitch shift vocals are annoyingly overused, and it seems a lot less varied than the first album. I'm not going to risk saying it's formulaic after the grief I got earlier in the thread, but it's almost as if he's homed in better on his own style, or to put it another way it's not got as much of that rough sketched quality that the first one had. Despite "archangel" probably being my favourite Burial track, I prefer the first album. Perhaps this is because this one is more influenced by uk-garage and less experimental/ambient than the first?
Old 11-07-2007, 06:42 PM
kid cue
ryooong

the last one was completely influenced by uk garage. it's just more apparent with the vocals.