Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 04-29-2008, 09:15 PM
geoff
lay it on me two donuts

Re: underworld at large
I was eating at the Legal Seafood in Braintree, MA with my girlfriend, when i heard something creeping out of the silence, just above the soft din of the restaurant, pulling at my ears... my subconscious knew what it was, something quietly familiar, surreal, and I honestly thought it might just be in my head. But, as it slowly kept getting louder, suddenly I realized what it was: the original version of Rez, the full 9-odd minutes of it. I freaked out, got up to find out if it was really on the house speakers or if somebody was playing it on a cellphone or something. My girlfriend thought I was weird. Sure enough, the restaurant was playing it. I sat back down, enjoyed it, and for a moment felt like I was someplace where good music was actually popular. I wondered what the rest of the clientèle thought of the music. I don't think I've ever heard Underworld played in public besides that one instance... Sad really.

Last edited by geoff; 04-29-2008 at 09:25 PM.
Old 04-29-2008, 09:20 PM
gillenium

Am I the only one who thinks not hearing Underworld out in the real world is a good thing?

Frankily, if I saw some dude in a dirty pick-up truck blasting Moaner... I may have to reconsider my superfan status. Country and pop belong out there, because they suck. Underworld belongs in here.
Old 04-29-2008, 09:42 PM
geoff
lay it on me two donuts

Dudes in pickup trucks listening to Moaner sounds hilarious

I'm thinking more "normal" people would really dig underworld, given the chance.
Old 05-02-2008, 07:40 AM
mondokat
mouseman

I was watching the new version of Vanilla Sky (with Tom Cruise) and at the end when he's taking the elevator to the top of the building they were playing "Doot Doot" as the elevator music. I just about crapped myself and had to stay through the credits to see it written out.
Old 05-23-2008, 08:17 AM
galama
mouseman

Yesterday i head a fraction of Sola Sistim on NPR 91.5 as an introduction to some talk show about health
Old 05-23-2008, 09:00 AM
ndrwrld
blue

just before the puck drops at every Toronto Maple Leafs home game, Born Slippy plays.
but the Leafs still suck.
must have something to do with Toronto...

Old 06-09-2008, 07:37 AM
mondokat
mouseman

I was at the Wyndham in Santa Ana, CA this weekend and heard Mo Move coming out of Terra Nova next door. The next day I heard crocodile. Totally made my day, both times...
Old 06-14-2008, 05:32 PM
IsiliRunite
de la Michigan

Send a message via AIM to IsiliRunite
I play Underworld as frat parties are winding down, which means the audience is slightly more alert and bright than Toronto maple leafs fans

just kidding, I just hate the NHL bias towards Canadian teams I have never heard any Underworld at the Tigers, Red Wings, or Pistons games I have been to. I think they are not popular enough among sports fans and the techies like to play stuff that is exciting and nostalgic

Maybe Detroit could use a *cough* live show *cough* to make up for this under-representation...

Last edited by IsiliRunite; 06-14-2008 at 05:34 PM.
Old 06-17-2008, 08:53 AM
testudo
JunkiesCriminalsFugitives

Location: The international territory and the mighty infamous
Yes, I have a story.

It was New Years (2001-2002, maybe?) at a VERY small bar in Forest Hills Queens, NYC.

I was leaving before midnight and the DJ played, Jumbo... and some would say this is not weird, I just think from the selection that the DJ was playing it really weirded me out (very straight techno stuff), I wish I had talked to the guy before I left.
Old 06-23-2008, 03:47 PM
nosajmunson
All day zombie cafe...

For shits and giggles, I loaded UW's Peachtree & To Heal as the hold music today for all of our customers. So for that 15 minutes or so, 550+ people heard UW while they waited on the phone.