Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 11-14-2019, 11:32 AM
lemonjelly
mouseman

Re: DRIFT Series 1 - New album, Nov 1, 2019
my money has gone from my card, and the email received to say my box is on the way.
Excited!
Old 11-14-2019, 11:41 AM
purlieu
enofa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino3D View Post
Unboxing the box. Looks stunning, but with the whole Drift Series 1 cover art something went wrong. What is that huge white space in it?? Totally looks like if something is missing. The only postive thing is the missing image is the dog. And it give the CD and vinyl a more unique artwork.

That's really bizarre. Like or dislike the dog, it's the cover. Why remove it for the main physical release?
Old 11-14-2019, 02:01 PM
funkboy3
Just this guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
AFAICT, the PDF is not available elsewhere.
This is a bummer. I bought the digital "box set" edition on iTunes and was disappointed that the digital version of the book wasn't included.
If anyone can let Underworld HQ know that there are some of us (at least me) who would be willing to buy a copy of the PDF, that'd be great.
Alternatively and/or in the interim: if anyone is willing to share said PDF, I'd love to hear from you.
Old 11-14-2019, 02:10 PM
Billy Goat
mouseman

I did the same but when I realised I could get the pdf from uwlive I cancelled the iTunes order and was refunded and then bought it from uwlive store and got it with the pdf!
I also cancelled the full DRIFT Series 1 that I preordered on iTunes as I was unable to download the new versions of all the tracks I had already bought as singles on iTunes as they were showing as already purchased even though they are different tracks and I had paid the full price! The only track I missed downloading because some of the other tracks didn't work properly was Appleshine Continuum but I've already got the full version so I'm not bothered!
It does seem like there are a few bugs with the tracks on iTunes so watch out if you are thinking about buying them from there!
Old 11-14-2019, 04:01 PM
domsgotsideburns
mouseman

has anyone else taken a closer peek at the description?
Quote:
You’ll also find a web address and code that you can use to download all the other material that was released during the last year - giving you the chance to own the whole thing.
do you think they're referring to the WOUW downloads here? if so, that's going to be AMAZING
Old 11-14-2019, 04:14 PM
saintrik
temperature drops

Quote:
Originally Posted by domsgotsideburns View Post
has anyone else taken a closer peek at the description?

"You’ll also find a web address and code that you can use to download all the other material that was released during the last year - giving you the chance to own the whole thing."

do you think they're referring to the WOUW downloads here? if so, that's going to be AMAZING
Any word if that code is in all of the box-sets, or just the box-sets coming from the official UW store?

Last edited by saintrik; 11-14-2019 at 11:54 PM.
Old 11-15-2019, 02:41 AM
purlieu
enofa

The code is on the tracklist card that comes in the box, so I'd imagine it's all. It's also the bit that's signed and numbered, though.

My code doesn't actually work however, so I'm going to drop UWlive an email and see what's happening there.

There's a hell of a lot of reading in the book, a lot of it is typically really interesting. I'm only about halfway through but there's lots to reflect and comment on in time. This is a really tremendous set!
Old 11-15-2019, 03:06 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by purlieu View Post
There's a hell of a lot of reading in the book, a lot of it is typically really interesting. I'm only about halfway through but there's lots to reflect and comment on in time. This is a really tremendous set!
Is it basically like the liner notes that were online for Episode 2?
Old 11-15-2019, 03:53 AM
purlieu
enofa

No, not at all, it's basically a very long interview with Karl, Rick, Simon and Robin discussing the process of the whole thing. There are track-by-track notes for each film, but no individual track notes musically, other than the blurbs given with the releases. Lots of photos.

Also, as a first, lyrics to every song.

Last edited by purlieu; 11-15-2019 at 04:11 AM.
Old 11-15-2019, 04:22 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by purlieu View Post
Also, as a first, lyrics to every song.
Whoa. That was on my to-do list. Glad I didn't embark on that project then.