Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > moments.

Old 06-26-2015, 03:36 PM
whatkilesaid
river

Re: 2015-06-21 Dubno Live @ The Hollywood Bowl
Can someone link to the group pictures, please?
Old 06-26-2015, 07:01 PM
Troy McClure
I'm the Spoonman

A few more Underworld at the Hollywood Bowl reviews that I found today.

http://www.magneticmag.com/2015/06/w...to-underworld/

http://www.grimygoods.com/2015/06/24...photos-review/

--Jason
Old 06-26-2015, 07:05 PM
Troy McClure
I'm the Spoonman

It seems that Steve Hall was at the Bowl and happened to be walking by as the group photo was being taken.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...3697848&type=1

Jason
Old 06-26-2015, 10:19 PM
jetpig
LoveyouLoveyouLoveyou

That magnetic mag article quickly devolved into a "y'damn kids" rant. Not that I disagree, per se, but at least spend more than half an article about a concert talking about the concert.
Old 07-16-2015, 09:09 AM
jetpig
LoveyouLoveyouLoveyou

http://auburnsky.net/photosite/UW_HwdBowl.html

Chris' photos are up here. Beautiful work, sir. Thanks for it!

<3 Rick's hat.
Old 07-30-2015, 05:58 AM
sunflowereye
mouseman

Thanks for sharing all the pics & links to reviews. Wish I could've been there; date was just not possible being Father's Day. Too bad as I have plenty of air miles - (can we try Red Rocks again please?). Hope the rumors are true about another bigger tour (& perhaps new material - Olympic games material seems eons ago). I'll admit I'd been a lil' bummed that it was not full "Dubno," but would have been happy no matter what - UW live can not be beat. I still would've caught two songs I've never heard live as of yet ('Spoonman' & 'Scribble.') Was the version of 'Spikee' the full version w/ vocals like the epic encore version from San Fran a few years back? How about 'Rez'? Long/short? Any tweeks w/ that one? One of my all time favs. I still love some of those early rare live recorded versions (esp. The Octagon '94) of 'Rez' & the version they played on the live radio broadcast years ago when Karl said, "I hear the sound of popping cans...in the dark..."

Last edited by sunflowereye; 07-30-2015 at 06:01 AM.
Old 07-30-2015, 12:09 PM
jetpig
LoveyouLoveyouLoveyou

Rez was a long version, nothing too out of the ordinary, but I don't think it was a straight rendition either. Spikee was abbreviated from it's full length, but was a pounding rendition and included vocals and the guitar riff (not live).

While there's always more tracks it'd be awesome to hear, the only glaring omission in my opinion was Dark and Long or Dark Train. It was a phenomenal show.
Old 08-03-2015, 11:28 PM
Troy McClure
I'm the Spoonman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflowereye View Post
Thanks for sharing all the pics & links to reviews. Wish I could've been there; date was just not possible being Father's Day. Too bad as I have plenty of air miles - (can we try Red Rocks again please?). Hope the rumors are true about another bigger tour (& perhaps new material - Olympic games material seems eons ago). I'll admit I'd been a lil' bummed that it was not full "Dubno," but would have been happy no matter what - UW live can not be beat. I still would've caught two songs I've never heard live as of yet ('Spoonman' & 'Scribble.') Was the version of 'Spikee' the full version w/ vocals like the epic encore version from San Fran a few years back? How about 'Rez'? Long/short? Any tweeks w/ that one? One of my all time favs. I still love some of those early rare live recorded versions (esp. The Octagon '94) of 'Rez' & the version they played on the live radio broadcast years ago when Karl said, "I hear the sound of popping cans...in the dark..."
There's another thread with links for all the songs played at the Hollywood Bowl. Most are full or close to full length from various spots of the Bowl.
http://www.borndirty.org/forums/showthread.php?t=18181

Like 'jetpig' said, 'Rez' was a long version. But it had some different parts to it, a bit more drums in the middle to me. It was just Rick on stage... the screens on the sides showcased Rick well working the boards.
I hadn't heard 'Spoonman' in person either, and that was great too.

The show was remarkable. Karl's intro to 'Dirty Epic' was beautiful and touching. From my vantage point, Rick and Karl looked really pleased with lots of interaction on stage. Hope to do it again soon.

-Jason
Old 08-21-2015, 07:34 AM
sunflowereye
mouseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy McClure View Post
There's another thread with links for all the songs played at the Hollywood Bowl. Most are full or close to full length from various spots of the Bowl.
http://www.borndirty.org/forums/showthread.php?t=18181

Like 'jetpig' said, 'Rez' was a long version. But it had some different parts to it, a bit more drums in the middle to me. It was just Rick on stage... the screens on the sides showcased Rick well working the boards.
I hadn't heard 'Spoonman' in person either, and that was great too.

The show was remarkable. Karl's intro to 'Dirty Epic' was beautiful and touching. From my vantage point, Rick and Karl looked really pleased with lots of interaction on stage. Hope to do it again soon.

-Jason
Thanks for the link to the thread w/ all the tracks. 'Rez' still brings the tears of joy when I hear it. Awesome long version.