Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > moments.

Old 09-17-2007, 02:21 PM
geoff
lay it on me two donuts

Re: Underworld @ Red Rocks
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmm skyscraper
Aw, man.. It is so disheartening to hear that.

I think they just need better promoters... stupid Live Nation.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:25 PM
third.toughest
Was Bruce Lee-now...

You know, a huge part of me was REALLY pissed that they changed venues. After all, I did plan my entire vacation around seeing them at RR. I live in Dallas, TX and the wife and I could have gone to any of the US shows but decided on RR due to it being closest and it's FRICKIN' RED ROCKS!!!!!!! Any who, we were not online at all during our vacation and had no idea it had been changed until we drove up to RR around 3:30 and though it was strange that no one else were there. At the info desk we were told of the change. I almost cried. I am not super manly-man or anything but my heart was broken. We got a few pics of RR and drove into Denver. After attending the show, I was BLOWN AWAY!!!!! We saw them in Chicago in 02 and this show blew my frickin' mind! The energy, the crowd, the setlist, EVERYTHING EVERYTHING!!!!! I would like to appoligize to UW for cursing their names and sincerely thank them for prolly, no... definately the best show I have ever seen.
Just two other minor complaints.
1. Would it kill you guys to play Dinosaur Adventure 3-D live? I have all of the recordings from UWLive and EE and a few bootlegs but have never heard it live.
2. Why are the tour shirts selection so lame? There were twice as many Paul Oakenfold shirt as Underworld and they're the headliners!!! I did not buy a shirt in '02 and told my wife I regretted it but would buy one this time. They were lame. The purple/pink one I saw with the pre-order was the same on I saw at the show. The black one was alright but not worth $30. I love UW almost as much as anyone here, but...

On a side note, I joined RTSR but have no idea how to get on the boards. I receive e-mail notification of every post but that's it. Am I just a 'tard or what. I am wanting to get audio of both shows i have attended. Thanks guys, I just needed to vent.
Old 09-20-2007, 08:48 PM
sunflowereye
mouseman

I'd just like to say "thank you" to UW for making the Denver show so special. The set was fantastic! The new material is sooo good live. Thank you for "Dirty Epic," "Spikee," & "Rez/Cowgirl" - some of the best classics. The slammin' end percussion of "Beautiful Burnout" into "Rez" was just plain awesome. And many thanks for the album. We are humbly grateful for your generosity. There's must be a reason you are our favorite band of all time. Me & the wife are still smiling from your performance, esp. after watchin' some of the posted youtube vids. :]

I believe one day you will perform at Red Rocks and we will be there for it. Maybe summer time on a Fri/Sat night and better opener possibly? Paul's set was uninspired, at best, to create a mood for your upcoming performance. Only kudos I give him was playing Castle Trancelot "Indoctrinate." Sasha and/or John Digweed are waaay better openers in the States. Or possibly a double bill with The Chemical Bros. or The Orb? Til next time Stateside in '08...[WMC, Coachella, Bonnaroo (?)]
Old 09-29-2007, 07:50 PM
ghjunior
river

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflowereye
Til next time Stateside in '08...[WMC, Coachella, Bonnaroo (?)]
Underworld @ WMC 2008.... pleeeeeease let that happen.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:26 PM
botkiller
-tired, so tired.

I wasn't mad in ANY WAY after this show... it was litterally so great, well, you've all heard me ramble about it. I could care less where I see UW anytime, as long as I saw them... which I finally did!

PS this is a great quot from that article:

“A live band to us is anything. Whether it’s having a laptop or a Les Paul, they’re all instruments to us,” Hyde said. “We don’t have set lists and we don’t rehearse. We have no idea what we’re going to play when we get on that stage.”
Old 10-23-2007, 07:02 AM
lowbit
future pundit

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmm skyscraper
Anyone have a copy of this article? The Boston Herald seems to have lost it from their archives...