Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > headset.

Old 09-19-2017, 11:49 AM
iamneorev
pants

The Prodigy announce new single/new album

The Prodigy announce a new single later this year with a new album in early 2018!
Old 07-11-2018, 04:24 PM
iamneorev
pants

Re: The Prodigy announce new single/new album
Things are finally happening folks. Get ready!
Old 07-14-2018, 03:06 PM
joethelion
needing Diet Mountain Dew

....why does Liam always do this?

Like, by now - why hasn't someone sat him down and said - 'Hey you don't announce what you're gonna do - wait till something is done, then announce it'

A new album every 5 years or so isn't exactly terrible, I mean - look at the time between Bowie's last two albums - or pretty much Portishead's entire discography. But at least they didn't go "hey guys - guess what!?!? New stuff is coming soon" every 6 months / year.
Old 07-14-2018, 05:18 PM
ndrwrld
blue

there is zero on the web about a new album.
zero.

Old 07-17-2018, 11:21 AM
iamneorev
pants

I told you, album #7 is on the way...
https://www.instagram.com/p/BlVpo7wl...d=r88bcsl7kzlo

We should have an official announcement soon.

Guess folks missed the screw up where a couple of digital music services leaked one of the tunes by accident. I contacted someone connected to the band and they had it pulled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndrwrld View Post
there is zero on the web about a new album.
zero.
So sure of yourself, eh? Oh there are things on the web about the new album if you know how and where to look. I wish I could tell you more but I don't want to spoil the band’s announcement. Just enjoy the ride. New single and album is coming, folks!
Old 07-17-2018, 11:26 AM
iamneorev
pants

@joethelion

It's real time. Liam just posted a clip. Me and few folks already stumbled upon evidence of what's to come. We didn't want to ruin the announcement and kept it quiet. We knew about The Day Is My Enemy's art, title, and tracklisting weeks in advance. Again, we kept it quiet cuz we respect the band.
Old 07-17-2018, 04:02 PM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamneorev View Post
I told you, album #7 is on the way...
I wish I could tell you more but I don't want to spoil the band’s announcement. Just enjoy the ride. New single and album is coming, folks!
Glad you're feeling excited for this and that the Prodigy are still making music, I suppose. For me, each successive album since FOTL has been increasingly disappointing. TDIME was really bad imho, just every track the same overdriven tough guy techno. But maybe that's just me. They don't make em like Jilted Generation anymore. I'm just not a fan anymore. But it seems a lot of folks still are.

Personally, I'm more excited for Hybrid, Orbital, Chemical Brothers, heck even Crystal Method with new records soon, all of which have moved on from mid career slumps. They have all tried out new sounds, to various degrees of success, and I still can enjoy their latest tunes.

Last edited by holden; 07-17-2018 at 04:06 PM.
Old 07-17-2018, 10:49 PM
jetpig
LoveyouLoveyouLoveyou

Quote:
Originally Posted by holden View Post
Glad you're feeling excited for this and that the Prodigy are still making music, I suppose. For me, each successive album since FOTL has been increasingly disappointing. TDIME was really bad imho, just every track the same overdriven tough guy techno. But maybe that's just me. They don't make em like Jilted Generation anymore. I'm just not a fan anymore. But it seems a lot of folks still are.

Personally, I'm more excited for Hybrid, Orbital, Chemical Brothers, heck even Crystal Method with new records soon, all of which have moved on from mid career slumps. They have all tried out new sounds, to various degrees of success, and I still can enjoy their latest tunes.

It's really too bad. I get the feel they are trying to make stuff to fit in the current mainstream aggro-tronica, but all that's based entirely off what they did 20 years ago.
Old 07-18-2018, 08:34 AM
iamneorev
pants

Tomorrow
https://www.instagram.com/p/BlYLWZ2B...=11d6ut9desbrs
Old 07-18-2018, 08:48 AM
iamneorev
pants