Rufus Excalibur

Re: GTA 4
first game in ages to have me completely hooked: deserves all the praise
Old 04-30-2008, 10:06 AM
cured
sikk

Initial thoughts:

Turning is harder than I remember. Even at not-so-breakneck speeds.

Online: turn auto-aim off. Wankfest when its on.

Favorite bits: Cops 'n Crooks multiplayer is awesome as hell. GTA racing is even more fun. Start off on whatever car or even on foot and you can switch vehicles at any time.

Being ejected from a car when you slam into a wall is awesome.

Is there are way to turn up the volume on the radio? It's difficult to hear anything.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:17 AM
Jan
vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by cured View Post
Online: turn auto-aim off. Wankfest when its on.
hehe... I could not imagine myself playing a shooter with a controller... Can't you just plug your keyboard and mouse into the PS3 or xbox?
uw#0523
Old 04-30-2008, 10:22 AM
cured
sikk

It actually isnt too difficult to get used to. It obviously isn't as easy as using a mouse but when you can hold left trigger and it locks onto someone, even behind a bush or otherwise not entirely visible, and hold down right trigger to kill them, it takes away a lot of skill and basically becomes one of those situations where the person who shoots first with the most health wins.
Old 05-01-2008, 11:40 PM
ffolkes
Rufus Excalibur

seriously, if this isn't 'game of the year' then we're in for some otherworldly shit in 2008...

cos right now i think this is one of the best games i've ever played. and i've been playing since pong.
Old 05-02-2008, 02:05 PM
dubman
BigColor&Excited4SoupMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I jumped my car straight into a pedestrian's face earlier. In slo-mo. Is was fucking brilliant, he went down like a sack of spuds.
i lol'd
Old 05-03-2008, 01:15 AM
gillenium

This game is greeeeeat

I haven't been this hooked to a game since I was a kid! I have red-eye and everything!

I've only spent one evening with it, but I already have a great memory - I was taking this chick out on a date (I forget her name... is that bad?) and I was speeding down to the bowling rink, avoiding every car with amazing accuracy. But then, the ONE car I hit was a cop car. I went "Oh shit!" and drove towards a staircase because it was the only way out I found. It launched me straight onto the beach and I lost control and drove into the water. The car was destroyed. My girlfriend died.

Yeah, had to restart that mission. Laughed my ass off though.
Old 05-07-2008, 10:22 AM
viddy
pro tooler

Send a message via AIM to viddy
'Grand Theft Auto' sales top $500 million

First week score one of the most lucrative entertainment events in history

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24502383/

Holy, s***.
Old 05-07-2008, 12:04 PM
third.toughest
Was Bruce Lee-now...

This game is incredible. I was up until 3 in the morning playing the other night. I had never had a reason to go online with a game but a friend convinced me to get GTA 4 for the 360- anf now I am hooked. My tag is DJ Troll if anyone wants to play. I will warn you, I suck! LOL

Coolest thing i've done so far
1. Me and my buddy were the only ones on online in a Deathmatch, so we stole a police helicopter. One of us was flying and the other was hanging out shooting ppl with an AK-47. OMFG!!!!!
2. We later stole a boat and performed RPG drive-by's on every boat we encountered.
3. Yesterday, Nico had a busy day. He shot a crime boss (Vlad), hooked up with his superior, and banged Michelle. That's what I call a great day!!
4. When you're in the helicopter on the ground surrounded by cops (or anyone really) lean to one side and the propellers will fling cars into the air. Hilarious!
5. Jump out of the helicopter as high as it can go. You seriously free-fall for like 20 seconds.
6. Has anyone gone inside the hospital? It is huge for an unplayable area. I like to go in there start at the back and kill everyone. Sucker punching patients while they're lying on a gurney FTW!

Last edited by third.toughest; 05-07-2008 at 12:28 PM.
Old 06-01-2008, 03:07 PM
the mongoose
talks to God

Damn the single player campaign is looong....still trucking on through it though. Fantastic game.