Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > moments.

Old 03-07-2015, 12:22 AM
klingklang
mouseman

Re: 2015-06-21 Dubno Live @ The Hollywood Bowl
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdave2 View Post
Sorry, I just caught up with the thread and read your post. I've made a tentative reservation at the Hollywood Orchid Suites because of a recommendation on one of the Radiohead forums, so I'm glad to hear it seconded! I might be waking up at 6am to catch a return flight anyway, so no worries about the tourists. Thank you for the tips!
No problem! Hope you like it there, although it sounds like you'll barely be there (I want to sleep in, so I'm staying somewhere else). Oh, for info, Orchid has a keyed entrance (normally, the front desk buzz you in), so be prepared to use your key to get into the hotel post-show.
Old 03-07-2015, 05:34 AM
dubnobasswithme
koob!

Quote:
I'd be interested in a group buy, even at full price, if we could snag one of the pool or garden boxes. Heck, I haven't seen UW for 13 years and I'm blowing my annual budget on just getting there; a little extra for a good seat won't hurt. Anyone else interested?
I'm certainly interested as well. It is likely that I'll be in CA around that time, so I'm not going to miss this!

uw0006
Old 03-07-2015, 01:32 PM
cdave2
dancin' fool

Turns out their group services department is closed for the weekend. I'll see what I can find out on Monday.
Old 03-07-2015, 01:41 PM
cdave2
dancin' fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by klingklang View Post
No problem! Hope you like it there, although it sounds like you'll barely be there (I want to sleep in, so I'm staying somewhere else). Oh, for info, Orchid has a keyed entrance (normally, the front desk buzz you in), so be prepared to use your key to get into the hotel post-show.
Good to know, thanks! Means I'll bring a small handbag instead of relying on pockets. (The minutiae of being female.)
Old 03-09-2015, 03:33 PM
Troy McClure
I'm the Spoonman

Here's the link for group sales info: http://www.hollywoodbowl.com/tickets...oup-sales-faqs

phone number for it is Tel: 323.850.2050 Monday–Friday, 9am–5pm (California time, Pacific time zone)

Minimum group order is 10 people. I spoke to someone just a bit ago. Right now the best available for a group is Section F2.

seating chart: http://www.hollywoodbowl.com/seating#section=26

-Jason
Old 03-09-2015, 05:18 PM
cdave2
dancin' fool

Thanks, Jason! I did the same today and was just heading over here to post it. I put down the $99 deposit. We haven't yet confirmed the exact number of people so far, but it looks as if we may have about 4 tickets remaining in row 12 *correction* of section F2 at $33 per person. Please contact me before you buy your own as we need to meet our 10 minimum, Thanks.

Last edited by cdave2; 03-10-2015 at 07:42 AM. Reason: Wrong row number.
Old 03-09-2015, 11:28 PM
Troy McClure
I'm the Spoonman

Quote:
Thanks, Jason! I did the same today and was just heading over here to post it. I put down the $99 deposit. We haven't yet confirmed the exact number of people so far, but it looks as if we may have about 4 tickets remaining in row 9 of section F2 at $33 per person. Please contact me before you buy your own as we need to meet our 10 minimum, Thanks.
I wrote down the following prices for the individual ticket sale on May 3rd from the phone conversation I had today with the Group Sales operator, who was very helpful. I hoped I remembered it correctly:
$32, $39, $60, $100 and $141.

Jason
Old 03-10-2015, 11:36 AM
klingklang
mouseman

Thanks so much for the price info Jason. That helps out a lot. It's nice to know there's a significant drop after those high priced box seats.
Old 03-12-2015, 12:58 PM
sunflowereye
mouseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy McClure View Post
I wrote down the following prices for the individual ticket sale on May 3rd from the phone conversation I had today with the Group Sales operator, who was very helpful. I hoped I remembered it correctly:
$32, $39, $60, $100 and $141.

Jason
So the only way to get an affordable ticket is via group rate? :/ If this is the only US date then I'm seriously considering this. I have enough sky miles for two out West. Really don't want to pay the subscription rate of over $100.
Old 03-12-2015, 04:12 PM
cdave2
dancin' fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflowereye View Post
So the only way to get an affordable ticket is via group rate? :/ If this is the only US date then I'm seriously considering this. I have enough sky miles for two out West. Really don't want to pay the subscription rate of over $100.
The group rate is 20% off the individual ticket price (not counting the $9 group order fee). Furthermore, if there are any subscription seats left over before the individual tickets go on sale, the group tickets are given the option to upgrade BEFORE the individual tickets are allocated. (I double-checked with the venue and have this in writing.) So these are not only the best price, they're the best choice of location outside of buying a subscription or going through a scalper.

They're supposed to contact us regarding any upgrades near the end of April, in the order that group tickets were requested. I know that SappysCurry is ahead of us with a sixteen-person group. Who knows how many others. Our group has six people confirmed so far and we're trying to meet the minimum of ten. Anyone?