Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 01-23-2017, 01:23 PM
mark3
pants

Re: T2: Trainspotting
I thought £20 for the 12" and the CD was a good deal. Shipping cost is a bit expensive, but I've seen worse. Also, I'd rather have a 12" than a download.
Who knows, maybe there's a soundtrack volume 2 coming soon, like there was in '96, with more UW ...
Old 01-23-2017, 02:59 PM
darktrain
powered by robuts

I'm wondering if this boils down to some kind of territory/streaming rights issues made extra complicated due to the movie studio(s) involved?

Speculation, but I find it strange that R+K would want these tracks to be so...challenging to hear.
Old 01-23-2017, 03:08 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Re: Long Slow Slippy limited edition vinyl
The tracks are both on the soundtrack. It's just the extended versions that are only on the vinyl.
Old 01-23-2017, 03:20 PM
Lx_Nen
Romford no more

I've stopped thinking 'oh great, new underworld' and now my first thought is 'sigh, how much will I be ripped off for this time?'.

At least we get the chance to be ripped off this time, unlike the fifty quid promo only CDs :-/
Old 01-23-2017, 10:03 PM
khouri
khondo dweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
The tracks are both on the soundtrack. It's just the extended versions that are only on the vinyl.
The language the Underworld email used wasn't "extended" but rather "full", and also explicitly identified the soundtrack album tracks as "edits". That's a very meaningful distinction for Underworld music.
Old 01-24-2017, 01:35 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by khouri View Post
The language the Underworld email used wasn't "extended" but rather "full", and also explicitly identified the soundtrack album tracks as "edits". That's a very meaningful distinction for Underworld music.
Tomato Tomahto? I don't see the distinction.
Old 01-24-2017, 04:08 AM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
Tomato Tomahto? I don't see the distinction.
Could be wrong about what khouri meant above, but for me, an extended and Full version can be very different. Take Moaner... There's a short radio edit, then the full LP version, then the extended which has extra minutes of outtro. Granted, oftentimes the extended versions don't add a lot to the basis of the song, but I do know this, either extended or full is preferable to a chopped 3 minute radio edit.

Waiting to see the runtimes for T2 and 12" versions to make the distinction and decision.
Old 01-24-2017, 07:49 AM
potatobroth
bungalow

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Snake View Post
how do you deduce that? I would be surprised if that was the case.
there was a link to the original Trainspotting trailer with a 'new' born slippy version over top of it - the 2003 version. that seemed really weird to me.

im really confused, but i imagine that will be cleared up in a few days.

edit: ah the email said 'with a special remix of Nuxx" not "the new remix of..."

I just misread.
Old 01-24-2017, 11:23 AM
khouri
khondo dweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by holden View Post
Could be wrong about what khouri meant above, but for me, an extended and Full version can be very different. Take Moaner... There's a short radio edit, then the full LP version, then the extended which has extra minutes of outtro. Granted, oftentimes the extended versions don't add a lot to the basis of the song, but I do know this, either extended or full is preferable to a chopped 3 minute radio edit.
Precisely.
Old 01-24-2017, 04:04 PM
purlieu
enofa

Yes, is this the difference between the 'full' versions of Jumbo, Beautiful Burnout, Moaner etc. and their album counterparts, or is it the difference between the radio and album versions of Crocodile, Scribble, I Exhale etc., where the edits are incredibly unsatisfying?

Also, despite the press about sales rocketing, vinyl still only counts for a tiny percentage of world music consumption. Not everyone has a turntable.