Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > craft.

Old 01-20-2017, 02:53 PM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
Avid Renewal (techno, electro)
Hey!

I'm revitalizing my AVID{Advances in Obsolete Technology} moniker after 6 years to release a heavy techno/electro EP. Fans of Fluke, Orbital, Future Sound of London, and yes, maybe even early Underworld, will find similarities...

https://archive.org/details/avid_renewal

Heavy beats, rolling basslines and loads of synths combine in ways that are both dance-able and well-suited for careful headphone listening.

This new extended play powers through 4 uptempo tracks that relentlessly layer hook after hook. Opening track "Infinite Runner" clocks in at 15:39, but you'd never know it, given its locked-in marathon groove and shifting melodies. Up next is "Groundwork", which builds a lattice of beats and old-school electro counter-melodies. "Elephant's Room" features deep synth bass lines, acid squelches lumbering all about your head space. Closing track "Late Night Mind (Intersession January '02)" lives up to its name, capturing the over-activity of a nostalgic insomniac with no time for sleep, thanks to driving beats and swooping synths on a bed of lush chords.
Old 02-17-2017, 02:38 PM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
Re: Avid Renewal (techno, electro)
Bumping this up to reveal a special deal: with every free download, you also get free music! Not just from me, but from hundreds of other netlabels that you could (should?) Be checking out. Amazing artists out there, sharing for free just because...