Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > moments.

Old 11-09-2005, 02:37 PM
Icke
mouseman

2005-11-09 013, Tilburg *contains spoilers*
Let me be the first to say; WOW.

I'll probably update this post later with some kind of proper review, but for now; WOW
Old 11-09-2005, 05:45 PM
crank
I'm a big sister

Re: 2005-11-09 013, Tilburg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icke
Let me be the first to say; WOW.

I'll probably update this post later with some kind of proper review, but for now; WOW
SOME sort of track list? Please?

Wait are they playing two nights? I'm confused. I looked online and it says the 10th...feeling a bit kooky.

Last edited by crank; 11-09-2005 at 05:50 PM.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:34 PM
Icke
mouseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by crank
SOME sort of track list? Please?

Wait are they playing two nights? I'm confused. I looked online and it says the 10th...feeling a bit kooky.
yes, they play both the 9th and the 10th.

a very inaccurate playlist (I know these tracks were played in this order, but often with other songs in between them);

Juanita
Push
KOS
Born Slippy
Moaner
Dark Train
Rez

They also played;
Shake T Higher
You Do Scribble
Lenny Penne
Old 11-10-2005, 12:41 AM
Rel
Dreaming of Juanita

Still reeling here from another mindblowing performance from the guys. Moaner was an absolute highlight, it was the loudest track of the night, too. The green laser light was mesmerizing, especially as I was in the middle of it all the time it was on. I truly felt I was in another world right then...the UNDERWORLD!!

Lots of new stuff was played and as usual they played around with the arrangements.

brilliant, brilliant;

Only slight downer for me is I have no tickets for tonight (and no opportunity to go even if I had them).
Old 11-10-2005, 01:23 AM
PBrane
river

Yeah, it was good.... Anyone ever been to a bad Underworld show? It did take some time to loosen up, but after Juanita and some new stuff, it started to flow. It was 3 hour show, exactly 3 hours, anjd a pitythey didn't come back for just one more number. Ah well Karl must have been pretty knackered by then.

Thanks Rick and Karl

P.
Old 11-10-2005, 01:48 AM
stimpee
Administrator

Re: 2005-11-09 013, Tilburg *contains spoilers*
WHEEEE. dirts had a great time this belgian kb is killing me tho so i'll write more later.
Old 11-10-2005, 02:42 AM
Icke
mouseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rel
Only slight downer for me is I have no tickets for tonight (and no opportunity to go even if I had them).
Same here .

EDIT;

btw, i think i saw some kind of (ambient?) microphone aimed at the crowd. Could it be that u/w recorded the show?

Speaking of recordings; I saw a lot of mobilephones and camera's in the air. Please share those photo's, video's, etc online .

Last edited by Icke; 11-10-2005 at 04:23 AM.
Old 11-10-2005, 05:59 AM
lloyd
bungalow

013 Tilburg 9-11-2005

First one of the 2 concerts at the 013 in Tilburg, Holland.

The 013 is a rather new building, specially build for concerts by 'pop'bands. It's wider then it is deep and the floor is build stairswise so everybody is able to see the stage. There was one big screen at the back of the stage and there were 2 screens at the sides. They had 2 BIG projectors on the stage for the backscreen. The mixingdesk and the gearrigs were there too ofcourse.. Karls guitar was on stage too but never left it's stand There were I think 5 cameras pointed at the desk, one at the audience and then Karls mini camera with a long wire. The lightshow wasn't very big but it was enough to change moods, including 2 crowdblinders which were used during moaner.

When we entered the venue, our tickets were scanned and then we could go on inside to leave our jackets and bags at the cloackroom. No searching whatsoever..
We did meet up with a couple of people and went into the main hall. Darren Price was already spinning a great selection of tunes. While drinking softdrinks and heineken (no beer there..) we talked for a while, were asked details and info about underworld cos people standing around us thought we knew a lot about them, dunno why

Then the gang came on stage while there was a bass/drumloop gaining volume.
Rick bent down over the mixingdesk, adjusting the last settings, Darren had a look at the gear/puterrig and Karl waved to the audience as for a welcome.
The first tune kicked in, a new tune with medium beat which already got the crowd going. Lights went low and the lightshow lid up.......... to not stop for another 3 hours!
Because this was a rollercoaster of sound, I lost track of the exact tracklisting. They played ongoing mixes that lasted

30 minutes sometimes. Dropping in samples and bits all over the place during the whole show.
I remember Juanita, Push Upstairs, KoS very long version with a crazy going laser, BS.nuxx/2003/nuxx + HUGE applause afterwards, Moaner with a very long intro building and building and building into the darkest and strongest versions I ever did hear, Dark train and Rez. Somewhere in there... Shake T Higher, You do Scribble and lenny penn and I believe JAL to Tokyo were played too.

Inbetween songs Karl talked a little to the audience, telling that there was a track released today (nov 9th) and that that was the first of what we'll going to be seeing of them in the future, including the music for the movie. He thanked the crowd for showing up 3 times

After Rez it was all over, Karl came down to earth (only a little I bet) Darren and Rick walked to the front of the stage, waving to the crowd absorbing the cheering and the applause. Huges, pats on backs and heads... high 5's with the people at the front of the audience and off they went.

After that there was a little afterparty where I think Darren spinned some more nice tunes that kept the vibe going and included a TMO remix.

Amazing concert, great crowd and the best band in the world!
lloyd

Last edited by lloyd; 11-10-2005 at 06:02 AM.
Old 11-10-2005, 08:59 AM
crank
I'm a big sister

<DROOL>
wish the boys would hit the South Eastern part of the States...
seem to always miss us.

crank!
Old 11-10-2005, 11:27 AM
Lou

i wrote a long review this afternoon when i was still in Tilburg, but i had to delete an emoticon as i put in too many of those and then the whole review was gone!
Lloyd did a great job, better than i could have done
It was magical madness!!!!

Meeting with them today was fantastic, i love you guys!

edit:Icke, why didn't you come meet us????

Last edited by Lou; 11-10-2005 at 11:32 AM.