Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > static.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2009, 06:50 PM
Dunwho
Big Time

It took me long enough..
Because there is no real reason to post it anywhere else... and no real reason to post it at all.. i thought i'd post it here... as you do!

Annnnnyway... Abelton Live... that mother fucker!

For so long i have avoided it, i didnt want the ease it provided.. and i knew what it offered, but i just kept thinking..i have one computer... one thing at a time... i have one computer... one thing at a time..

Tonight i decided it was time to open it up and have a look at what it has to offer....

and fuck me its handy!

Just thought id say this to the cosmos... bang!

There its out there... and now i have a plan!

Lets write it down before i forget. And upload those feckin tracks you dumbass.
Old 09-13-2009, 11:21 PM
Leon
bungalow

Re: It took me long enough..
Nowadays everyone is using Ableton to do their livesets and it really bothers me because the mixing sounds so neat. I love sloppy mixing and oversteared sounds.
Old 09-14-2009, 12:59 AM
King of Snake
smoking on the airplane

It is a very nice piece of software. A bit on the expensive side though and it seems that Ableton have fallen into the trap of making upgrades with lots of "features" nobody asked for while continuously ignoring very simple user requests for years on end.
Well at least we got group tracks and wacom support in the last version...
Old 09-15-2009, 04:22 PM
Dunwho
Big Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Nowadays everyone is using Ableton to do their livesets and it really bothers me because the mixing sounds so neat. I love sloppy mixing and oversteared sounds.
I know.... exactly why i have been avoiding it.. i kinda felt that you couldnt go wrong, and all the work was done before hitting the stage rather than on the stage...

The beauty of live performance is that it can go wrong.

What i do is perform live off Reason... I use the instruments in reason as if they were real.. and without using the main sequencer i simply set the whole thing to loop and hit play and then control all the instruments/ levels live.. so that it is all completely customisable each time

(i have a lot of inspiration from Underworld on the idea of unique versions of songs every night as you can imagine)

But with abelton it now allows me to sync my samples of sounds not made by the reason instruments (such as vocal loops, guitar lines, etc) and this allows me to finally perform live a whole lot of music i have never been able to do justice on stage.. ~I dont really use abelton to much more than that.. and it saves me a lot of money in buying new equipment.

I'll give it a go anyway.

But my god it took me a long time to come round to the idea!