Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 09-09-2013, 03:05 AM
oHUTCHYo
river

Best uwrlivecd release/s?
Hi guys,

New to the forum. I've been a fan of Underworld for a long, long time but have only recently started to explore their live aspect more, outside of the normal commercial releases.

I'd like to explore the uwrlivecd releases more, as I'm assuming all it's live, the sound quality will be far better than a radio or audience rip?

Two questions really;
  1. Which of the uwrlivecd are generally regarded as the better performances (and technical aspect of sound quality etc).
  2. Where would one buy the uwrlivecd releases?

Thanks guys
Old 09-09-2013, 08:39 PM
jetpig
LoveyouLoveyouLoveyou

Re: Best uwrlivecd release/s?
We're gonna assume you've done Everything, Everything. If not... well go get the DVD now and come back after that.

http://abbeyroadlive.sandbag.uk.com/Store/Music.html is where you can find the 2007-2008 series of Live, Here, Now releases for purchase and the Live in Tokyo 3CD you can find used. All of the Live, Here, Now are of great sound quality. I can't speak to the Tokyo discs as I've not listened to them yet... The RTSR tracker has a lot of fan recordings and rehostings of old underworldlive.com material is a good place to start. While many of the recordings there are of lower sound quality you really would be doing yourself a disservice to not listen to them.

As for performance quality, each set really does have a life and quality all its own. I'd say pick live sets that are around/follow albums you particularly like or are feeling.

A chronological listing of personal faves: The 1996 European club gig, 1999 Blue Mountain Jam, 2002 Creamfields, 2003 Peel Session, 2005 Benicassim, the 2007 Roundhouse pair of Live Here Now releases, and their 2010 KCRW set. There's a *ton* of other really good ones, but these I think are the best of the best in their time frames.

Also the Bootleg Babies collection. It's a fan made compilation mixed together similar to Everything, Everything.

Last edited by jetpig; 09-09-2013 at 08:50 PM.
Old 09-09-2013, 11:51 PM
oHUTCHYo
river

Thanks Jetpig, really helpful. I've done Everything, Everything and Bootleg Babies. I've joined RTSR just yesterday and started looking.

The Live Hear Now site must be having issues as it has no entries for Underworld, strange?
Old 09-10-2013, 02:56 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

They're actually out of print, so there's nothing available on Live Here Now. Here's a full list of official live albums:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Underw...hy#Live_albums

Underworld have some stock left of the 2008 Brixton shows on their Shop here:

http://underworldlive.spinshop.com/details/109397

But all the rest of the shows you'd have to obtain on the secondary market or via other means.
Old 09-10-2013, 06:43 AM
potatobroth
bungalow

Electraglide 2005 is right up there as one of my favorites. 3 Disc limited edition release with superb quality and a nice set list.

Doubt you can find it as hard copy but I'm sure its out there at this point.
Old 09-10-2013, 12:45 PM
jetpig
LoveyouLoveyouLoveyou

Their site is broken, but you go to music and have to scroll down til you find the live here now releases. The album art is similar to Oblivion with Bells. It's all available for digital download in mp3. The alternative means methods will allow you to find them in FLAC, however.

for example:
http://abbeyroadlive.sandbag.uk.com/...l?ViewGID=5319

Last edited by jetpig; 09-10-2013 at 12:49 PM.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:43 AM
oHUTCHYo
river

Thanks Jetpig. It is quite annoying when as a consumer you are willing to pay for these things but they are made unobtainable or otherwise difficult.
Old 09-21-2013, 08:37 PM
BrotherLovesDub
barking dog

I have most of the Live Here Now series for sale. What shows do you want?
Old 09-22-2013, 07:27 PM
jetpig
LoveyouLoveyouLoveyou

Pm sent... :P