Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 07-27-2018, 09:06 AM
Dirty Saint
mouseman

Re: Underworld & Iggy Pop - Teatime Dub Encounters (New EP: releases July 27th, 2018)
Personally I am loving the collaboration.

It's something different, a break from the norm & Iggy has certainly added something a bit leftfield
Old 07-27-2018, 09:19 AM
darkvoice
mouseman

Re: Underworld & Iggy Pop - Teatime Dub Encounters (New EP: releases July 27th, 2018)
Underworld & Iggy Pop/Teatime Dub Encounters [Japan Bonus Track][Japan Bonus Track]
CDA 1 x 1500 yen July 27, 2018 release
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/BRC-576

Send today from Japan. With 2 instrumentals!
Old 07-27-2018, 04:38 PM
domsgotsideburns
mouseman

Quote:
Kinda sorta? It's not like Get Your Shirt has all that much variation that I'd want to listen to 8 minutes of repeating beats. Take Moaner, if that song looped twice thru without the lyrics in the second half, it'd get quite boring. The lyrics make the track special. Stripping them would most def. hurt it.
yeah, now that you make it clear, only Bells & Circles as an instrumental would realistically be an improvement (for some, i'm personally ok with the lyrics). still excited for both tracks in instrumental form anyway
Old 07-28-2018, 11:05 AM
BishBash
mouseman

I'm getting used to Iggy on these tracks, despite his dated views on Bells & Circles.
The other thing that really strikes me is Esme's voice on Get Your Shirt. I know we've heard her before (heh, check her bio on her own website: "Her professional debut was as the soloist at the 2012 London Olympic Opening Ceremony"), but Esme's voice on this track is just gorgeous. It must be handy to have a trained soprano available when you want to try these things out.

The EP gets better with every listen.
Keep doing new and different things R&K!

Old 07-28-2018, 01:57 PM
lloyd
bungalow

https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...ounters-review
Old 07-28-2018, 03:14 PM
joethelion
needing Diet Mountain Dew

I feel like ... it must have been mentioned before, but I missed it...

But - if these tracks were recorded & intended for something related to 'Trainspotting 2', why are they being released more than a year after the movie?
Old 07-28-2018, 05:25 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethelion View Post
But - if these tracks were recorded & intended for something related to 'Trainspotting 2', why are they being released more than a year after the movie?
They were recorded for the possibility of inclusion in T2, but for whatever reason, they decided not to use any of them for the movie.
Old 07-28-2018, 05:39 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishBash View Post
The other thing that really strikes me is Esme's voice on Get Your Shirt. I know we've heard her before (heh, check her bio on her own website: "Her professional debut was as the soloist at the 2012 London Olympic Opening Ceremony"), but Esme's voice on this track is just gorgeous. It must be handy to have a trained soprano available when you want to try these things out.
Anyone else fancy an Underworld track with Esme on lead vocals?
Old 07-28-2018, 11:56 PM
khouri
khondo dweller

I think “Trapped” is the most successful of the collaborations. It doesn’t sound like UW and it doesn’t sound like Iggy; it’s something new and kind of cool unto itself, whereas the balance of the other tracks sound like perfectly good Underworld songs that Iggy ruined.
Old 07-29-2018, 08:09 AM
dubman
BigColor&Excited4SoupMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by domsgotsideburns View Post
new video for Trapped:

i think, i would hate owning this.