Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > moments.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2010, 11:43 AM
Jon Paul
river

Re: Underworld @ 4th and B - San Diego - 10.30.10
Hotwire has a handful of motel options at the $40 level (Mission Valley), which is insane. Considering all I'll need is a bed after the show, it's worth the distance from the venue. Going by myself...like most UW shows. Drinkes wise, may have to flask it, since I'm staunchly against paying venue prices. Then again, why can't we all just go sober?

...Kidding. Totally kidding.
Old 09-21-2010, 11:17 AM
lament
sniffin the wind

Re: 2010-10-30 - 4th and B, San Diego
So excited this show's back on. Just got my tickets. First Underworld show (been a fan since 1996 tho)..
Old 09-23-2010, 06:08 PM
SappysCurry
can you feel this bass?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lament View Post
So excited this show's back on. Just got my tickets. First Underworld show (been a fan since 1996 tho)..
Ah how I envy you. I still remember that night at the Mayan Theatre, Los Angeles, 1998 like it was yesterday. From that night on, I was hooked.

Be seeing you all in San Diego and then for the Romper Room event the night after at HARD.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:50 PM
pianopisser
ears ringing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SappysCurry View Post
I still remember that night at the Mayan Theatre, Los Angeles, 1998 like it was yesterday. From that night on, I was hooked.
That Mayan show was my first UWlive experience as well. I still regret not going out to the organic festival back in '96, stupid college deadline.

The san diego show will be my 7th time seeing them. Also going to HHM the day after and currently working on persuading my buddy to get tickets to the dj shadow show in anaheim monday night. Damn, I'll be covering a lot of ground in SoCal halloween weekend...so worth it though, taking a day off work tuesday to recoup my energy.
Old 09-23-2010, 11:33 PM
Chris M
dirtiest sensor ever

wish i had been UW savvy back in 98 for that mayan gig. hearing the energy from that recorded set is absurdly unreal... in fact karl acknowledges the magic in the air towards the end of the set and even reminisced about it during a phone interview we had last year -
"L.A. turned around for this band in the early ’90s when we came back and played the Mayan Theater. That was an extraordinary night for us, which was a very long time ago." - http://thescenestar.typepad.com/ss/2...orld.html#more

on a side note my wife and i are expecting our first child the day of the san diego gig. i'm really hoping for a day or two early delivery or a day late for that matter... but hey, bringing a new little life into the world ain't such a bad gig either
Old 09-24-2010, 04:18 AM
Jon Paul
river

Ah the Mayan gig. My first too. I got there ridiculously early, we're talking daylight, and was lucky enough to be sitting outside (with one other bloke, as I recall), when Darren, Rick and K jumped out of a van midstreet and tried the front doors to get in for soundcheck. They were locked, so they looked bewildered a bit before Darren suggested they head around back and they passed us and Karl gave this wide smile and a quick "Allo!" before they bounded off around the side. Wasn't exactly a meet-and-greet... but for a boy from the suburbs, I will forever love downtown L.A. for moments like that.
Old 09-24-2010, 11:17 AM
jumbotron
river

I was there too! (Mayan). I remember being blown away, and at one point looking to my right & seeing Perry Farrell a couple ppl away with a shit eating grin on his face in awe like everyone else.
Old 09-24-2010, 02:14 PM
ultradave
the doorway boy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
...bringing a new little life into the world ain't such a bad gig either
not at all. congrats! when my daughter was born the first song i played for her was Born Slippy. NUXX of course!
Old 09-25-2010, 10:54 AM
Chris M
dirtiest sensor ever

ha, nice! we've actually been playing the "breaking and entering" soundtrack for the last several months... it's the most consistently chill UW material (the wife says it reminds her of mizaki) i found suitable our unborn daughter. though, NUXX could epic when she decides to pop out.
Old 09-25-2010, 05:45 PM
klingklang
mouseman

Conrats to you Chris and your lady for the upcoming arrival (hope she'll grow up to be a UW fan).

I too saw the Mayan show (weird how there's so many of us on this thread with that shared experience!). That was sort of my first show too...I saw them once before that, but it was the Mk1 era. I miss the Mayan. They don't seem to have as many shows anymore, but I guess they're doing better as a latino nightclub.