Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2008, 02:34 PM
cacophony
disquietude

Re: atlanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by the mongoose View Post
I was right there standing to the left of the guy who filmed this vid:

^ we were in the seats to the left of that guy. i watched some of his videos earlier and the sound was so crapped out that my husband guessed that he was the guy we saw recording the whole thing on his phone.

actually, we started the show in the seats to the left of that guy. at that moment, though, i was out in the hall sternly lecturing my nauseated stomach. i ended up watching the first half of cowgirl on the monitors before i felt well enough to go back in for the rest of the show.
Old 03-30-2008, 03:10 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

The video projection during Dirty Epic is very beautiful. Thanks for the vids! Looking at some of the wider shots, it looks like a pretty small stage.

Ah ha, I knew I'd heard it somewhere. The little ambient intro to Cowgirl was played about halfway through the 2005-12-15 Lemonworld Webcast with some Welsh lessons over it..

Edit: Here are some more vids that someone posted:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Crimdog

Last edited by TheBang; 03-30-2008 at 03:27 PM.
Old 03-30-2008, 03:36 PM
gillenium

What kind of version of Mowed Path was that, anyway? I couldn't figure out quite what it was when I heard it. Is it a live-only mix, Darren Price mix, or what?
Old 03-30-2008, 03:48 PM
sunflowereye
mouseman

Absolutely amazing evening! The best Underworld show of the five times I've seen them! Set was fantastic with great mix of old & new. "Juanita/Kiteless" was super-sweet! Loved hearing "Darc," "Dirty Epic," "Mo Move," and "Born Slippy (Orignal)." NUXX was slammin' good too. "Cowgirl/Rez" was great toward end! Many thanks to Underworld for a fantastic performance!
Old 03-30-2008, 06:29 PM
cacophony
disquietude

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillenium View Post
What kind of version of Mowed Path was that, anyway? I couldn't figure out quite what it was when I heard it. Is it a live-only mix, Darren Price mix, or what?
sounded to me like the original, nothing altered, just used as an overlay transitioning between darc and juanita. but it's tough to say. i've never been the trainspotter that the megaubersuperfans are.

it was so nice for me on a personal level because for some reason for the last couple of weeks i've been listening to mowed path almost daily. it's perfect for the ride into work on the train. so the instant i heard it i almost shot straight up out of my seat.
Old 03-31-2008, 06:52 AM
potatobroth
bungalow

I can't say enought about this venue. I've never seen an UW show that sounded as crisp as this one did. I usually expect the vocals to be a bit muddied but from the first word Karl spoke, I could understand everything.

The song choice was remarkably awesome and it totally played to the crowd.

Oddly enough, I know exactly what your husband is referring to, Cacophony, with his Jumbo comment. That song DID feel overbearing or something. The breakdown felt a lot more free and whimsical though.

EDIT: also, i seem to have caught BB's cough. So if *cough* any PM is going around/was going around while I was away regarding a second listen to the best show ever, *cough* could I please be included?

Last edited by potatobroth; 03-31-2008 at 07:02 AM.
Old 03-31-2008, 07:22 AM
spacejunk
vision, come on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by charleswise View Post
Long time lurker, infrequent poster, just wanted to share my story here. I was luck enough to meet Rick, Karl and Darren before the show and just wanted to say what nice guys they are. I was waiting around while they soundchecked and Rick and Darren came out first. I approached and asked if I could get my Live in Tokyo 2005 cd signed and they were happy to oblige. I then asked Rick if I could get a picture and he said sure but if I waited a couple of minutes I could get one with both Karl and himself. While waiting for Karl, I had about a five minute conversation with Rick about Atlanta, the South, their travel plans, and U2. Karl then came out and I got my picture (taken by Darren) and cd signed. As they were leaving I asked if there was any chance they could play Dirty Epic and Rick said maybe but he couldn't promise anything. Seeing as they did play it, I would like to thanks them for that as well. Here are some pics and me and the guys and my cd. Took a lot of other pics and I'll try to put online soon.
Bloody awesome!
Old 03-31-2008, 07:24 AM
crank
I'm a big sister

***BUMP!****
Old 03-31-2008, 10:54 AM
the mongoose
talks to God

Quote:
Originally Posted by potatobroth View Post
So if *cough* any PM is going around/was going around while I was away regarding a second listen to the best show ever, *cough* could I please be included?

*COUGH!!!!!!!!!!* Me too, worst cough ever *COUGH!!!!!111!!!!!1!!!!!!!one!!!!*
Old 03-31-2008, 11:30 AM
charleswise
UW0137

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mongoose View Post
*COUGH!!!!!!!!!!* Me too, worst cough ever *COUGH!!!!!111!!!!!1!!!!!!!one!!!!*
*SNEEZE* me too!