Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > treatment.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2007, 03:19 PM
GforGroove
marca libre

Rescue Dawn
Herzog "ate his shoe" and.. made a wondefull Hollywood movie, with CGI and all .. and it is very very good!!! He even makes you cry! uh? uh!?!

So? how see it already? i don't want to star spoilign all over..
Old 07-16-2007, 03:36 PM
grady
fac321

Re: Rescue Dawn
I'm seeing it on Friday. Lousy Portland and it's third tier release for limited films.

Christian Bale was on Charlie Rose last week though.

link
Old 07-16-2007, 06:05 PM
GforGroove
marca libre

uff Christian Bale is great in the movie.. (and too hot in this interview)
you havent bump into any herzog comments on the movie..? im eager to hear what he says about his movie hit.
Old 07-16-2007, 06:12 PM
b.miller
Gentleman Loafer

Send a message via ICQ to b.miller Send a message via AIM to b.miller Send a message via MSN to b.miller Send a message via Yahoo to b.miller
I really liked it. The first movie in a while where Steve Zahn didn't annoy me (unfortunately, Jeremy Davies is still annoying as shit... the weakest part of this movie if you ask me). for the 0.5 people out there who don't know what this is about but do follow Herzog's documentary work, it's a dramatization of his earlier film Little Dieter Needs to Fly, about a Vietnam pilot who gets shot down and put in a POW camp. Bale does another one of his parasite-diet weight changes and works with real leeches, eats real maggots, and sweats real sweat for the film. Dedication!

Both movies are good and watchable. I'd suggest starting with Rescue Dawn to get the story then seeing the doc to watch as the real Dieter goes back to the jungle and talks about his experiences.

Also, I've heard tidbits of how absolutely crazy the production of this film was but that may not seem too out of the ordinary in Herzog's eyes. I guess without a boat to pull over a mountain, little things like disease and natural disasters are things to laugh at.

"it's not a significant bullet"

Last edited by b.miller; 07-16-2007 at 06:14 PM.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:44 AM
grady
fac321

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.miller
"it's not a significant bullet"
"Sombody shot at you!"

"It's not a significant bullet. It's not an everyday thing. It doesn't surprise me."

context
Old 07-23-2007, 06:39 AM
kid cue
ryooong

completely let down by this film. if we didn't know it was Herzog, we'd file it away as a fully competent, unremarkable by-the-numbers war film. i realize that you just can't escape certain types of subject matter in a film like this (especially one based on a true story), but i also found myself apathetic to the things he/they were going through. the climactic rescue somehow felt like an anticlimax. i failed to see any point in this film, other than to show us a string of facts.

Christian Bale was great as always.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:10 PM
GforGroove
marca libre

QUAAAAAAAK!

mmm.. i don't think is a "war film" at all, it ends up being about something greater: life, survival, loyalty.. Nice things and human emotion that actually don't reflect what war means... and this is the great thing about the "war commercial film" of Herzog.

I feel that the climatic rescue and the crazy party at the end.. are almost a joke of Herzog.. something.. So you want action no? haha.. and he just made it so calculated and literall that is funny.

you should see Little Dieter Needs to Fly now.