Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > moments.

Old 07-12-2005, 01:03 PM
big screen satellite
Still Number 1

Re: Prague 13.7.
on that poster - that's old promo material...from the last album...its just being reused as they don't have any new stuff yet...

those shots were used on several magazines and press releases as far as i remember

but if anyone gets Lloyd a poster ...get me one too...

i hope even someone just puts some on ebay...
Old 07-12-2005, 01:22 PM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten Sanity
Yeah, that's as strange as the fact that we all know they're married, but we don't have a clue as to who...

Maybe it's to each other!!!
i was just listening to Karl's Ode to Cardiff/Born Slippy 2003 the other day, and he says:
"That's where i met my wife as well as my best friend and partner in Underworld, Rick Smith".

Now, are they two people, or is he describing his wife as his best friend and partner!!

As for the promo art, i'd bet we see some soon...remember the UWLive posts about the photo shoots with Warwicker, etc...
Old 07-12-2005, 02:17 PM
freezedried
river

Quote:
Originally Posted by holden
i was just listening to Karl's Ode to Cardiff/Born Slippy 2003 the other day...
Sorry to go a little off topic but does anyone have a link to or can hook me up with a copy of this?

Thanks!
Old 07-14-2005, 12:33 AM
den
100% of nothing

Send a message via AIM to den Send a message via MSN to den
Well?

How was it?
Old 07-14-2005, 03:54 AM
rayray
pants

"yard beat" - sounds like fun, would love to hear it!
Old 07-14-2005, 04:42 AM
Winston
is playing his didgeridoo

Send a message via ICQ to Winston Send a message via MSN to Winston
Quote:
Originally Posted by the mongoose
Anyone else think it sorta weird that Rick is giving Karl's bald head a hickey?!?

totally not!!!

Old 07-15-2005, 05:18 AM
undarrenworld
bungalow

I was there
Prague 13.7.

And i was totally blown away by the amazing performance by Karl, Rick and Darren. I was my first gig, i saw many groups like Orbital, Fat Boy Slim, Prodigy, Chemical Brothers but nothing like this. All the crowd were jumping to the beats. I was in 2nd row and i saw all from the short distance. Its hard to mention here one from 10000 Great Moments from the show. I enjoyed every second of that. After all i said only Fuck, My God, Fuck...
Setlist
1 New song/Improvisation intro
2 Dark and Long
3 Trim
4 Two Months Off
5 King Of Snake/ Spoonman ( beats from KOS ... lyrics from Spoonman)
6 Pearls Girl
7 New Song/ Improvisation (That DnB one)
8 (i forgot that song but its from beaucoup fish with samples from something like a mama)
9 Born Slippy Nuxx/2003/Nuxx (Journey from classic nuxx to the 2003 version and back to the nuxx version that flows away in the end)
10 Rez/ Cowgirl

11 Moaner

And that Green laser is fantastic, its like water, when u dive...
I wish u can see that performance too, it wasnt normal, standart show...it was something magic, karl is the best singer, best dancer... BEST
And the camera Karl used that in New Song Visions Visions... And he filmed the crowd it was amazing. I dont have correct words for what i saw... hope u understand me...

Seems to Karl, Rick and Pricey.. Works perfect.. I was better than i dreamed about...

I have also 128 MB of videos/pictures.. i must figure out where to put em... Give me some time to prepare them for u...

This is some proffesional photos (not mine)

http://www.techno.cz/party/fotky.php...on/2005/0713un
http://dejavustemple.net/index.php?page=gal

And Pricey was singing, that pic from Sofia, when Rick was on the mic thats only for the check sound Pricey sings with vocoder on the new track... Check it out...

Last edited by undarrenworld; 07-15-2005 at 11:39 AM.
Old 07-15-2005, 08:27 AM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
Quote:
Originally Posted by undarrenworld
3 Trim
5 King Of Snake/ spoonman ( beats from KOS ... lyrics from Spoonman)
8 (i forgot that song but its from beaucoup fish with samples from something like a mama)
Really cool choices! Not standard fare at all!
Some Questions: Other than the Peel Show, have they ever played Trim live? As for KOS, seems weird that they'd forgo the more familiar "snake" lyrics for classic "spoonman"...but nice change, i'm sure! And was that track "Something Like a Mama" or a jam with samples from it?
Old 07-15-2005, 09:33 AM
Dirty0900
Only £50 a show,book now.

Darren Price singing, wow he must have more imput then we all thought.
Old 07-15-2005, 11:39 AM
undarrenworld
bungalow

Quote:
Originally Posted by holden
Really cool choices! Not standard fare at all!
Some Questions: Other than the Peel Show, have they ever played Trim live? As for KOS, seems weird that they'd forgo the more familiar "snake" lyrics for classic "spoonman"...but nice change, i'm sure! And was that track "Something Like a Mama" or a jam with samples from it?
They played Trim live, yes. Karl was dancing with the guitar, then he played and jamming began. He is great guitarist and the riffs worked perfectly to the beat.
On the whole gig was samples too many improvisations, so u couldnt know what is played. It was very good prepared. That intro... It was so great i hope that recording exist of that. The beats flows nicely to Dark and Long.. And before that new song improvisation too... Yes Darren Price was talking/singing to vocoder on new song, that voice wasnt Karl. It was great effect. All the three boys done the maximum what is possible. And the Something like a Mama, it was some improv too with the samples of that. And that great female wocal spoken words. I heard many gigs but not like that. Imagine Nuxx/2003 and Nuxx again slow to fade out... Ecstasy...
All i want say is... I go to another gig to see that again...
Its unforgettable. U can say only Fuck ... No more words ...

http://www.rave.cz/fotky.php?url=200...nderworld-poop

Asi said before, i saw Orbital and all the other great bands but never performance like that... That energy...
UW is so strong with Pricey.. really strong... They can kick everything this year...

Last edited by undarrenworld; 07-15-2005 at 11:43 AM.