Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > interupt.

Old 07-03-2010, 04:30 AM
stimpee
Administrator

Hydorah - R-Type/Gradius freeware PC game
http://www.locomalito.com/juegos_hydorah.php

Hydorah is a game designed for classic shoot em up players, who still love clean designs and challenging adventures If you fought the Bydo and shot the Bacterians in their core, you are ready to battle the evil god Hydorah. Choose the path to follow and fight planet by planet against hordes of meroptians. The game features lots of short and intense levels with fantasy spacial landscapes, unlockable weapons and secrets, and a large library of enemies and bosses. There is a single dificulty level, based on the 80's standards. It can be very hard, but with every beaten level there will come the glory.

Graphics and playability are both old school style, simple but hard polished. I want to give an special mention to the original soundtrack, composed exclusively by the brilliant Gryzor87, who has not hesitated in taking legendary synthesizers to create a retrofuturistic, powerful and sometimes dark soundtrack. Each level has a same-length track, composed to fit the visuals like a glove.

The whole game takes obvious influence from Gradius, Castlevania or R-Type, but also from other classics treated worse by the time: Turrican, Enforcer, Space Manbow, Hellfire, Guardian, Hydefos, Armalyte and many others...

Take the controls of your ship and prepare to die!

Think of this game as a bastard son of the classics: it has the genes, but it's not a clone of one or other. It has a lot of original content, so I hope you understand my intentions when you also notice something familiar with the old times ;-)