Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2006, 01:06 AM
King of Snake
smoking on the airplane

Re: Breaking & Entering OST avaible for pre-order
the moment it's leaked IS the actual release date
Why hold yourself to some record company's schedule if you can get the music right now? (as long as you buy an actual copy when it does come out of course).
Waiting for the "actual release date" doesn't make hearing the music more exciting for me really. Even buying the actual cd doesn't hold the same value as it used to. First thing I'll do is rip it to mp3 and then put the cd on the shelf. Convenience over quality, I know but in this case convenience wins out.
Old 09-13-2006, 03:01 AM
*_*
Hommeestunepassioninutile

Quote:
Originally Posted by holden
Agreed. This may be slightly off-topic, but whatever happened to being surprised? Previewing is nice, and i'm sure you'll buy the real deal anyway, but there's also a certain joy in anticipating the actual release date.
i was pretty surprised finding, downloading, and especially, of course, in giving it that first listen. waiting for scheduled release is so passe.
Old 09-13-2006, 04:18 AM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
No worries! i appreciate your comments and i'm glad that everyone's anticipation is satisfied by the music, not a sense of "having it first".

i've thought about this a lot, actually, because in the past, i have done my share of "previewing" music that i didn't intend to replace with an actual purchased item, and i started feeling very guilty. Not just from the standpoint of effectively stealing music, but also that i'd robbed myself of a lot of the tangible qualities t hat i enjoy about music: the search for the actual record, the artwork, the building of a collection. Sometimes this leads to great discoveries and the decision to purchase much more than just the leaked album. And surely folks around here are UW fanatics that'll buy the OST anyway, and this is definitely not a mass-marketable record, so it's less of an issue to obtain a preview before the CD is released. But it pisses me off, the people who lead and share and feel entitled to freebies, no support for the artists whatsoever.

It was said that Cds killed the era of album art innovation that you got with the larger-format vinyl records. Now, downloading is ending the age of tangible sound recordings. Problem is, the electronic media is just as fragile as a record, tape or CD is, and it's becoming a problem as to how these tremendous collections of mp3s will be readable or even preserved in the future. Yes, it's convenience over quality in many cases. i just respectfully prefer quality.
Old 09-13-2006, 05:24 AM
stimpee
Administrator

How to make your own dirty.org spoiler tag
[COLOR=#C8B090]Hey, I see youre not as stupid as you look.[/color]

Quote:
Originally Posted by grady
I guess one could add spoiler tags, but fanboy patience for myself dwindles quickly when I know I can be hearing the music in 2-5 minutes tops. Additionally, a discussion thread could be started up that is for those who have listened to it and those who choose not to until they've seen the film or purchased a tangible copy of the soundtrack (or an intangible copy via I-tunes or another source.)

(It took 2 minutes to download the soundtrack.)
Old 09-13-2006, 06:40 AM
change
weekend blues

Send a message via ICQ to change Send a message via AIM to change Send a message via MSN to change Send a message via Yahoo to change
Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpee
[COLOR=#c8b090]Hey, I see youre not as stupid as you look.[/COLOR]
Haha! Brilliant and practical.
Old 09-13-2006, 07:46 AM
grady
fac321

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpee
[COLOR=#c8b090]Hey, I see youre not as stupid as you look.[/COLOR]
Oh I remember how to make spoiler tags, I was just mentioning it as a reference point that has come up in the Treatment forum where the thread is now sticky.

Last edited by grady; 09-13-2006 at 08:00 AM.
Old 11-07-2006, 04:37 PM
change
weekend blues

Send a message via ICQ to change Send a message via AIM to change Send a message via MSN to change Send a message via Yahoo to change
Brief article in Billboard today. Nothing new but still worth mention, and it answered my question about a US release.... Dec. 5.
Old 11-07-2006, 06:03 PM
viddy
pro tooler

Send a message via AIM to viddy
the score is lovely, the two tracks on the Underworld myspace page say it all.
Old 11-09-2006, 03:43 PM
Liam
too cool for scholastics

I'm holding the soundtrack in my hand right now! I guess they ship the international orders before the domestic ones (I ordered from amazon.co.uk to send to the states).

I haven't listened to it yet, I have to wait for the right time...
Old 11-10-2006, 08:47 AM
Icke
mouseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam
I'm holding the soundtrack in my hand right now! I guess they ship the international orders before the domestic ones (I ordered from amazon.co.uk to send to the states).

I haven't listened to it yet, I have to wait for the right time...
Yeah, the right moment matters.

First time I heard it, i did not really find it that special. I loved it ever since the second time though.