Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > treatment.

Old 11-24-2005, 09:26 AM
grady
fac321

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
I was surprised to see that no one had started a thread about this film yet.

Finally got around to seeing this on Monday. It was good, though it felt quite long. I haven't reached the fourth book yet, but from what one of my friends told me, a great deal of the book was compressed and condensed. He didn't seem to mind these modifications and changes.

The change of director for each film had me wondering if there would be significant difference, but that didn't seem to be the case.

SPOILERS BELOW

The last hour of the film was the most enjoyable for me. Mainly because we finally got to see the arrival of Voldemort and Ralph Finnes was the actor inhabiting him. He's one of my favorite actors and his casting felt quite right.
Old 11-25-2005, 12:49 AM
groovypanda
old man einstein

Re: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
haven't seen the film yet but the fourth book is easily my favourite of the six - from what i've heard the film is very good although does differ from the book quite a bit...
Old 11-25-2005, 08:26 AM
Jafs
Tells

I've seen(but not read) the first 3 in 2 days weeks ago, and this 4th episode wednesday and I think it's my favourite. Big laughs for the first part of the movie...
Old 11-28-2005, 12:14 PM
potatobroth
bungalow

i saw it and liked it. i feel the movie didnt express the disdain the students had for Harry as well as their unwillingness to believe he actually was ported to Voldemort's house(?). The Rita Skeeter appearance wasn't strong, read annoying, enough to set up the fifth (and arguably worst 600 pages of the series -- the end 300 pages are quite great though) book and Harry's outcasting.

other than that, a really good film and very enjoyable to watch.

also worth noting, this is the first of the 4 where flying on a broomstick doesnt look like crap.