2024-04-06 Alexandra Palace - London, UK
https://www.alexandrapalace.com/whats-on/underworld-2/
Sold out

18:30 Doors
19:40 UW 1st Set
20:40 Transition Playlist UW
21:10 UW 2nd Set
22:45 Curfew

^^^ Looks like set times are running a little bit earlier because of curfew.

Last edited by TheBang; 04-06-2024 at 02:22 AM. Reason: updated Set times
Old 04-11-2024, 04:35 AM
Dirty Saint
mouseman

Re: 2024-04-06 Alexandra Palace - London, UK
I have to say i left disappointed

First set amazing .. versions of Juanita / Tin There were immense.

Issue was the crowding during the second half - was stood in front of the mixing desk - as soon as it restarted, it was absolutely rammed, people smoking weed, talking all the way through tracks & just no where to move/dance.

Moved to the back but obviously not the same atmosphere.

I went to the last gig at Alley Pally but it was nothing like this one!

Smaller venues for me going forward - nothing will beat the RAH, Royal Festival Hall gigs
Old 04-11-2024, 04:45 AM
lemonjelly
mouseman

sorry to hear that. I went to the last ally pally gig in 2017 and loved it.
hoping manchester tomorrow is more positive!
Old 04-12-2024, 06:34 AM
whatmakesustick

Sounds like you might have been a bit unlucky with were you were standing. I was stood more to the side quite close to the front and there was plenty of space to move - with a mix of 'young ones' (getting up on shoulders!) and 'older ones' all getting on fine. In fact I thought it was a really good atmosphere.

Looking back almost a week later, I really enjoyed the new (including Drift-era) tunes . I thought they all were well received and sounded great along side the more well known stuff. Even Fen Violet worked (I'm not a huge fan of that).

I was not overly impressed by the sound - at least where I was stood. As much as I love bass...vocals and a lot of synth were often almost completely drowned out.

I did like the surreal carnival experience few years ago and the two-set approach worked much better than I thought it would...but I must admit I would love to see them with some proper support again. I don't remember the last time I saw them with good support that built the atmosphere properly - would have loved to see Kelly Lee Owens for example like one or two of the gigs in the US not so long ago. Like at the RAH last year - I did not see any other act on the Teenage Cancer series supporting themselves...

My main complaint is that the M tour t-shirt that I bought at the gig is way too big (which was completely overpriced - silly me). I think UW merch sizing has changed in the last few years to be more 'relaxed'. If anyone has the opposite problem - let me know and we can swap!!

Last edited by whatmakesustick; 04-12-2024 at 07:27 AM.
Old 04-12-2024, 09:00 AM
Jon
Spikee

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatmakesustick View Post
My main complaint is that the M tour t-shirt that I bought at the gig is way too big (which was completely overpriced - silly me). I think UW merch sizing has changed in the last few years to be more 'relaxed'. If anyone has the opposite problem - let me know and we can swap!!
This is really useful info, thanks! How much were the tees? If they had the ?I?m invisible? shirt, what colour was it? Thanks!
Old 04-12-2024, 09:16 AM
whatmakesustick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon View Post
This is really useful info, thanks! How much were the tees? If they had the ?I?m invisible? shirt, what colour was it? Thanks!

?35!!!! It's not the I'm Invisible tee. There is a black tee with Underworld (white, small) on the front, and Underworld (grey/lrage) around the side...then tour dates on the back i.e. your fairly standard black tour T-Shirt.