Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > moments.

Old 07-26-2011, 09:49 AM
miss glitch
<3!

Send a message via MSN to miss glitch
2011-08-27 Underworld @ SW4 Festival, Clapham Common, London UK
Is anyone else going to this, and shall we meet up?

There is also a competition on their page, where you can win tons of Underworld merch:

http://www.southwestfour.com/underworld/
Old 07-27-2011, 03:33 AM
GoatSucker
GoatSuckerLive.com

Re: 2011-08-27 Underworld @ SW4 Festival, Clapham Common, London UK
I'm going
Old 08-25-2011, 07:04 AM
mel
river

anyone know what time underworld are playing?
Old 08-25-2011, 11:39 AM
razorpilot
scream to go faster

There is a strict curfew of 9pm, so I presume they will kick off somewhere around 7-7:30pm.

Weather forecast says it should be ok on Saturday evening, but probably a bit muddy under foot as it has been pissing down lately with more rain forecast for Friday.
Old 08-28-2011, 07:39 AM
GoatSucker
GoatSuckerLive.com

Quick report - festival was very muddy as it had been raining off and on all day, but it stayed dry for UW. Great set, same tracklist as the current tour, but that is in no way a bad thing, and definitely had a great time. Crowd really went nuts for most songs and of course for BS. They seemed to do an extended breakdown at the end of BS which I don't remember hearing before. No encore as there was a strict curfew.

The SW4 festival organisers in their wisdom decided not to publish any timetable at the site or on their website - instead selling £5 guides.
Old 08-28-2011, 02:11 PM
vacant
pretty

I was lucky enough to watch this stage-side, and have got some good video and photos which i'll get up over the next couple of days. For now, I'm off to see Richie Hawtin at Ministry.
Incidentally I had a brief chat with both Rick & Karl, but neither of them were giving much away re: future plans.

John Digweed & Rick
Old 08-29-2011, 11:21 AM
Dirty0900
Only £50 a show,book now.

Wow, that's a lovely side of stage pic, can't wait for more and a full report!
Old 08-29-2011, 01:07 PM
DJMap
river

Underworld were excellent (as always) however there were too many twats in the crowd more interested in talking to their mates as opposed to watching the band (some people near me were actually standing with their backs to the stage for the majority of the set) ! The heavy mud become tedious after a while. Unfortunately it was a typical SW4 crowd who only came for the "lager, lager, lager"........
Old 08-29-2011, 05:59 PM
vacant
pretty

The full report is going to pass me by, as I had made the most of the uncrowded bar facilities by then. Set list from what I remember was: Rez/Cowgirl, Pearls Girl, Diamond Jigsaw, Two Months Off, Between Stars, Scribble, Dark Train, Born Slippy. The first couple of songs are in order, as are the last few, but the ones in the middle I can't really remember! I have some decent video footage which I'm going to get up as soon as I can. John Digweed and Hernan Cattaneo were amongst the guests side stage. There was a guy who 'invaded' the stage from where we were towards the end, went over and stood next to Rick 'giving it large' for thirty seconds or so before the UW tech guy walked him off stage. Sound unfortunately wasn't that loud from behind the speakers, but seemed crisp enough- I can't comment on how it sounded out front.
Most of my photos are pretty samey, and they used the smoke machine a lot which didn't help the quality of my photos, but here's a few more. Videos to come Tuesday or Wednesday

Old 08-29-2011, 09:58 PM
Mike
born013

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacant View Post
There was a guy who 'invaded' the stage from where we were towards the end, went over and stood next to Rick 'giving it large' for thirty seconds or so before the UW tech guy walked him off stage.
I did hear that Darren Emerson was there.... I guess he has sour grapes.