Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > moments.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2010, 11:34 AM
darktrain
powered by robuts

Re: 2010-10-30 - 4th and B, San Diego
OK I just talked to Bryan from Reset Events. The venue hasn't changed, but the exact set times are still being worked out. The website should be updated fully by Monday.
There are VIP sky boxes available w/bottle service & food at $450 if you already have a ticket. Would be cool to have a dirty box, but that's too $ for me

Time to find a costume I guess...
Old 10-22-2010, 11:45 AM
pianopisser
ears ringing

Thanks Darktrain for the leg work on this. I just emailed a rep from 4th and B as to what is happening because someone from another forum is stating that L.E.D. & AEG are still the promoters for the UW show and that Reset is only promoting the 'afterhour party" at fourth and B. The set times (according to this person) is:

8:00-9:30pm Bareback DJs
9:30-10:30pm Deth Hertz
10:30pm-11:45pm Underworld

I can't believe all this drama that has happen before this show has even taken place. I guess I'm just glad to be checking out UW at all this year, though a 3 hr set would be pretty EPIC!
Old 10-22-2010, 11:51 AM
darktrain
powered by robuts

Ugh, now their set is too f'n short?!
Emotional rollercoaster!
Old 10-22-2010, 12:11 PM
SappysCurry
can you feel this bass?

So now it's 75 mins? What was supposed to be a club gig set in a small venue has now turned into a festival gig set?? I hope this isn't the case.
Old 10-22-2010, 12:25 PM
klingklang
mouseman

Thanks to everyone for sharing all this information. This whole thing is turning weird. It seems like a lot of us opted for this show because UW originally were listed as the only band.
Old 10-22-2010, 12:30 PM
pianopisser
ears ringing

still waiting for a response from the rep @ 4th and B...

this FB event page is the one that is throwing me off as to who the real promoter for the show (vs. www.screamsanddreams.com):
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?ei...187915&index=1

In either case, I made the decision last night to keep my Hard Haunted Mansion ticket to catch UW twice this time around (hopefully HARD doesn't fuck things up like last year)...
Old 10-22-2010, 12:43 PM
SappysCurry
can you feel this bass?

Quote:
Originally Posted by klingklang View Post
Thanks to everyone for sharing all this information. This whole thing is turning weird. It seems like a lot of us opted for this show because UW originally were listed as the only band.
I always figured there would be an opening act and then the boys. But this is getting out of hand. A bunch of nobody DJ's squeezed into an evening that many of us had expected to be a proper night of music without the HARD bullshit.

On the other hand, are UW so beholden to their pre-determined setlist that they're going to do the same show at every event, no matter how big or small and this rave-lineup nonsense is just a by-product of that approach to this tour?

I'm going to be one pretty un-happy bollock if the SD show turns out to be just like HARD LA. I mean, I'm not the biggest Felix da Housecat fan, but THAT show sounds like the best of the US tour dates.
Old 10-22-2010, 01:14 PM
darktrain