Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2005, 05:59 PM
viddy
pro tooler

Send a message via AIM to viddy
Re: New Boards of Canada single up for bigload
Quote:
Originally Posted by redrum
you sound like a bunch of meth addicts. Get it together, do you really think you are listening to boards of canada off shareware, ...now??,,, "do you really think that's air your breathing, in this place"?....uhhh, NO! They are just random tracks done by fans, pranksters preying on your naivity, someone taking a crap, etc. You little parasites. Please don't act like you know anything about them cause you don't (nor do i). You don't even know much about yourself even though the gods have made you think that you really do. It's just interesting here how deranged we all are isn't it? A bunch of junkies puking all over each other.

It just goes to show that most people will do anything that's hyped by the uber alles fuhrer. For whatever elitist, dorko, popular media says, is soon to be what you say, eh? "You must get this now, we're experts." to "I must get this now, the experts said so, I must obey or be cast out of the alpha beta slag squad". Silly greedy little insecure goobers. Take a look at yourselves as little minions for satans scaly pecker, and feel regret, angish, and reality. Ipods don't play oggs. As of now, the denial runs thick, and the anger and finger pointing present themselves. Standard... After you cool out, maybe you could check some of the artists that don't cause you to take "the mark" to listen to their music. Or maybe you could focus your space and time on something that actually does something for somebody, next to just gimmie gimmie consume all kill destroy, i eat natural toxic waste music, identity crisisisisisisis, don't sound depressing, I'm going to cry, don't watch, I'm cool, stop biting nancy, buy now, go stare at the corner.
Money does not make the world go round. duuuhh

...or at least don't make fun of meth addicts, homeless people, alcoholics, workaholics/ wage slaves, overweight people, george bush, anyone in debt/indentured servants, "property owners", gasoline buyers, raw jocks, msg consumers, dead people or anyone else that is just like you.

The only boards of canada single you are going to get is from bleep and you guys are like wierd, man. ...aren't you tired of it all yet?
Soooo I'm guessing you don't like the new(leaked) album so far then?
Old 09-21-2005, 11:40 PM
Leon
bungalow

Re: New Boards of Canada single up for download
Well I downloaded one fake version so I'll be waiting on the official release. I mean, what if there's a fake version floating around but it does have the right Oscar See Through Red Eye?
Old 09-22-2005, 03:10 AM
thee carp dreamer
done up like a kipper

the real tracks leaked ages ago, with the real oscar..., satellite anthem icarus, etc.

it aparently sounds awesome, but i haven't downloaded it, because a) i want to hear it in full awesome quality audio with the artwork and shit, but also mainly b) i'm on a 56k pay-as-you-go...
Old 09-22-2005, 03:23 AM
Forgotten Sanity
Dirty Bomb

Quote:
you sound like a bunch of meth addicts. Get it together, do you really think you are listening to boards of canada off shareware, ...now??,,, "do you really think that's air your breathing, in this place"?....uhhh, NO! They are just random tracks done by fans, pranksters preying on your naivity, someone taking a crap, etc. You little parasites. Please don't act like you know anything about them cause you don't (nor do i). You don't even know much about yourself even though the gods have made you think that you really do. It's just interesting here how deranged we all are isn't it? A bunch of junkies puking all over each other.

It just goes to show that most people will do anything that's hyped by the uber alles fuhrer. For whatever elitist, dorko, popular media says, is soon to be what you say, eh? "You must get this now, we're experts." to "I must get this now, the experts said so, I must obey or be cast out of the alpha beta slag squad". Silly greedy little insecure goobers. Take a look at yourselves as little minions for satans scaly pecker, and feel regret, angish, and reality. Ipods don't play oggs. As of now, the denial runs thick, and the anger and finger pointing present themselves. Standard... After you cool out, maybe you could check some of the artists that don't cause you to take "the mark" to listen to their music. Or maybe you could focus your space and time on something that actually does something for somebody, next to just gimmie gimmie consume all kill destroy, i eat natural toxic waste music, identity crisisisisisisis, don't sound depressing, I'm going to cry, don't watch, I'm cool, stop biting nancy, buy now, go stare at the corner.

...or at least don't make fun of meth addicts, homeless people, alcoholics, workaholics/ wage slaves, overweight people, george bush, anyone in debt/indentured servants, "property owners", gasoline buyers, raw jocks, msg consumers, dead people or anyone else that is just like you.

The only boards of canada single you are going to get is from bleep and you guys are like wierd, man. ...aren't you tired of it all yet?
Uhm, talk about sounding like a meth addict. Your shit makes no sense -- sober up and try re-posting in the morning. "Buzz word! Buzz word! Cliche! Cliche! Regret stuff that I've told you to regret without being explained why! Unrelated topic! Unrelated topic! I'm fucking mad!"

I couldn't write a more paranoid-sounding post even if I WAS on meth. Well done.
Warning: The above post stands a high chance of being rife with sarcasm, cynicism and/or a tongue-in-cheek remark. May not be suitable for children under the age of 12, small farm animals and adults with a sense of humor comparable to a stale cracker. If any of these criteria apply to you, it is advisable to use extreme caution when handling said post, and if irritation occurs consult your physician.

Last edited by Forgotten Sanity; 09-22-2005 at 03:29 AM.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:53 AM
dubman
BigColor&Excited4SoupMan

that was WONDERFUL.

if it wasn't the internet i'd keep it in a little box to remember by.

Last edited by dubman; 09-22-2005 at 08:15 AM.
Old 09-22-2005, 08:09 AM
Forgotten Sanity
Dirty Bomb

LMFAO!!! One post in, and he's already quotable. I hope he stays!!!
Warning: The above post stands a high chance of being rife with sarcasm, cynicism and/or a tongue-in-cheek remark. May not be suitable for children under the age of 12, small farm animals and adults with a sense of humor comparable to a stale cracker. If any of these criteria apply to you, it is advisable to use extreme caution when handling said post, and if irritation occurs consult your physician.
Old 09-22-2005, 08:14 AM
dubman
BigColor&Excited4SoupMan

dude i swear with a name like redrum HE'S GOT TO
Old 09-26-2005, 02:00 PM
Rusty Shackleford
river

Interview over at Pitchfork.
Old 10-02-2005, 10:05 AM
Scott Warner
delicious candy taster

Send a message via AIM to Scott Warner
So a few weeks later this has definitely become a record I really, really enjoy. Perhaps not as much as 'Music...' or the 'Maxima' collection but definitely more than the initial listens I had of it - it definitely takes some warming up to.

Now I can't stop listening to it while I work. In that sense it has become a record that inseperable from a period of creative time in my life. Other great "working" records for me: 'Happy Music for Happy People' by Mogwai, the last Explosions in the Sky record, '76:14' by Global Communication and 'Vanishing Point' by Primal Scream.

I'll even go out on a limb and suggest that "'84 Pontiac Dream" is comparable to and the equal of the great "Rogybiv". Or, I should say that both tracks provide with a very similiar vibe.
Old 10-02-2005, 01:08 PM
//\/\/
slogging it out

Quote:

faaaaahcking 'ell! it's like chelseefan on crack!