Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > headset.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2006, 10:45 PM
Ally
Henreeeeeeeeeecat! :)

Send a message via MSN to Ally
Fad Gadget by Frank Tovey
Finally took delivery of this marvellous 2CD + 2DVD set from those idiots at Play.com this week. Fad Gadget is an artist I admire a lot and I picked this up largely due to the very moderate price given what it contains. I already know much of the material but the docu stuff, live performances (including a 1984 Hacienda gig) and unreleased tracks and demos are an absolute delight.
It's an awful shame Frank Tovey isn't around any more, it seemed that his music was finding its way back into the limelight after his long hiatus and I can only imagine the work he'd be involved in today. Sadly I never got to see Fad Gadget live.

http://www.play.com/Music/MusicDVD/4...searchsource=0
Old 12-08-2006, 10:38 PM
chino
snob

Re: Fad Gadget by Frank Tovey
I first knew Gadget's sounds by one of your ancient posts about Death in Vegas' Back to Mine release.

GReat taste Ally.
Old 12-09-2006, 02:45 AM
stimpee
Administrator

Fad Gadget, excellent stuff. About time for another compilation. I've got every Fad Gadget single on 7" and 12"from Back to Nature (first record released on Mute?) thru to One Man's Meat (and a signed copy of Ricky's Hand). All in boxes in the UK unfortunately and i'd more or less forgotten about them (I got into the music at the turn of the 90s). This compilation looks great. I've already got the Fad Gadget Singles CD compilation from years back to save me from lugging vinyl around but this looks like way more and could take a while to get through.

Thanks for the tip!
Old 12-09-2006, 02:51 AM
stimpee
Administrator

DVD DISC 1
Frank Tovey by Fad Gadget Documentary
TV performances and promos
1. Ricky's Hand (Neon, a short film by Alex Proyas) * 2. Life On The Line (Karrussel TV performance) * 3. Collapsing New People (Formula Eins TV performance) * 4. Luxury (Karrussel TV performance) * 5. Luddite Joe * 6. Bridge Street Shuffle * 7. Sam Hall * 8. The Liberty Tree * 9. All That Is Mine
Grand Union, a short film + hidden easter egg
DVD DISC2
Live performances:
New York City Mud Club * Coitus Interruptus
Hacienda - 28th Feb 1984 * 1. State Of The Nation * 2. Coitus Interruptus * 3. King Of The Flies * 4. I Discover Love * 5. Ideal World * 6. Collapsing New People * 7. One Man's Meat * 8. The Ring * 9. Jump * 10. Ad Nauseam * 11. Lemmings On Lover's Rock * 12. Love Parasite * 13. For Whom The Bells Toll * 14. Ricky's Hand * 15. Back To Nature
Whatever You Want * 1. Intro * 2. Coitus Interruptus * 3. Sheep Look Up * 4. For Whom The Bells Toll
Hotel Suburbia * 1. Life On The Line * 2. For Whom The Bells Toll / Interview * 3. Ladyshave * 4. Back To Nature
Exciter Tour * 1. State Of The Nation * 2. Ricky's Hand * 3. Love Parasite
The Garage * 1. Worried Man * 2. Ricky's Hand * 3. Collapsing New People * 4. Chasing The Blues Away * 5. Luxury * 6. The Box * 7. Ladyshave * 8. Love Parasite * 9. Fireside Favourite * 10. Coitus Interruptus * 11. Ad Nauseam * 12. Back To Nature
CD DISC 1
1. Swallow It * 2. Jump * 3. Ideal World * 4. Luddite Joe * 5. Under the Flag II * 6. Bridge St Shuffle * 7. Sam Hall * 8. The Liberty Tree (Single Version) * 9. Cities Of The Plain * 10. Chasing The Blues Away * 11. All That Is Mine
Collaborations
Frank Tovey and Boyd Rice * 12. Easy Listening - Ex 2
Mkultra * 13. Immobilise
Unreleased tracks
14. A Place With The Pigs (theatre music)
15. Sleeper
CD DISC 2
Unreleased Demo Tracks * 1. State Of The Nation * 2. The Box * 3. Salt Lake City Sunday * 4. Coitus Interruptus * 5. Back To Nature Released Versions * 6. State Of The Nation * 7. The Box * 8. Salt Lake City Sunday * 9. Coitus Interruptus
Fans' Top Five * 10. Back To Nature * 11. Ricky's Hand * 12. Ladyshave * 13. Collapsing New People * 14. Love Parasite Temple X Tribute * 15. Sorogui
Old 02-16-2007, 05:10 AM
Ally
Henreeeeeeeeeecat! :)

Send a message via MSN to Ally
Did you get it? The documentary is very poignant.