Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > world.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2010, 12:22 PM
Sean
Where in the world...?

Congressman Massa's resignation - why?
So has everyone been seeing the stories about New York Democratic Congressman Eric Massa resigning to deal with the possible recurrence of his cancer - wait, I mean because of an ethics probe - wait, I mean because the Democratic leadership is forcing him out over his opposition to healthcare reform?

My best guess is that the guy resigned over legitimate health concerns, since that's what he initially cited as the reason, and since he says he didn't learn of any ethics probes until after he had announced his resignation. But when he learned of the ethics probe - the contents of which he admitted to being guilty of until it became sexual in nature - then suddenly he claimed he hadn't resigned over his health, he resigned because the conspiratorial Democratic leadership forced him out!

The evolution of his story just strikes me as disingenuous at best.
Old 03-10-2010, 06:09 PM
jOHN rODRIGUEZ
SystematicallyDisadsomthg

Re: Congressman Massa's resignation - why?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
The evolution of his story just strikes me as disingenuous at best.
Wait, who are we talking about? This statement can be applied to every single one 'ems running the many factions of shows going.

Wow, look at this one: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35831001...more_politics/

So, like, is he trying to tell everyone he's gay or something?

Last edited by jOHN rODRIGUEZ; 03-12-2010 at 08:13 AM.
Old 03-12-2010, 09:44 AM
jOHN rODRIGUEZ
SystematicallyDisadsomthg

*GASP* & another reality check lesson for today: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540...36032#35836032

Legal age is 18(17 in some places!) kids! Be sure to tip your teachers!!!!

Old 03-15-2010, 07:35 PM
cacophony
disquietude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
My best guess is that the guy resigned over legitimate health concerns, since that's what he initially cited as the reason, and since he says he didn't learn of any ethics probes until after he had announced his resignation.
i guarantee he resigned because of the ethics issue. i wouldn't be surprised to learn later that someone blackmailed him and threatened to make his ethics violations public unless he stepped down. and then the story got out anyway, either intentionally or accidentally. he might have been grappling with this decision for weeks, knowing this information was sitting out there ticking like a time bomb.
Old 03-16-2010, 11:51 AM
Sean
Where in the world...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cacophony View Post
i guarantee he resigned because of the ethics issue. i wouldn't be surprised to learn later that someone blackmailed him and threatened to make his ethics violations public unless he stepped down. and then the story got out anyway, either intentionally or accidentally. he might have been grappling with this decision for weeks, knowing this information was sitting out there ticking like a time bomb.
I wouldn't be surprised at all. But I certainly don't buy that he was "forced out". Not with the timeline of how things unfolded, and his complete inability to provide a single example of it happening.