Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2019, 07:33 AM
joethelion
needing Diet Mountain Dew

Re: DRIFT Series 1 - New album, Nov 1, 2019
Still waiting for my copy, but I've been listening to the download...

I can't stress how fucking good "Seven Music Drone" is. I really hope it gets played live!

I wonder if it was recorded after "Threat of Rain" (which could explain why it's only a 'bonus track')
Old 11-22-2019, 02:30 PM
Cadevil
exilio

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethelion View Post
I can't stress how fucking good "Seven Drone Music" is. I really hope it gets played live!

I wonder if it was recorded after "Threat of Rain" (which could explain why it's only a 'bonus track')
Seven Music Drone reminds me so much of 23 Blue. It was a crime that was left off of Barbara.

All the bonus tracks could have made up an Episode 6. Also, I think the alternate version of another Silent Way offers a vision of what they could have done if they decided to whittle the year of releases down to a single album.
Old 11-22-2019, 04:01 PM
dubman
BigColor&Excited4SoupMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadevil View Post
Also, I think the alternate version of another Silent Way offers a vision of what they could have done if they decided to whittle the year of releases down to a single album.
i have absolutely started my little alternate universe album with that one, and immediately. it's a no-brainer, even if Better Than Diamonds goes on a bit long.
Old 11-23-2019, 01:18 PM
Cadevil
exilio

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubman View Post
i have absolutely started my little alternate universe album with that one, and immediately. it's a no-brainer, even if Better Than Diamonds goes on a bit long.
I love how this take expands on the sound of the original while bringing in the “Low Between Zebras” poetry. It also hearkens back to “song-in-parts” epics of STITI. The melodies capture the vibe of Mole Hill in a more complete way too. I have it starting my alt-universe “album” as well.