Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 02-28-2019, 10:29 PM
jetpig
LoveyouLoveyouLoveyou

Re: Drift Ep. 2, Part 6 - Appleshine Continuum
In the first minutes there's a vocal sample back in the mix a little bit. I didn't hear it in my (noisy) car, but picked it up immediately in my headphones. It's most easily heard starting at 2:10, but gets used earlier, too. It's the same one from the lead into Trim during the Peel Session.
Old 03-01-2019, 12:44 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintrik View Post
Strange that Appleshine Continuum is available on Qobuz... I am certainly hoping that they'll repackage DRIFT, Episode 2 in lossless format, like they did for Episode 1.

Anyone got any info?
Yes, it looks like they pushed this out to all the retail platforms (iTunes, Amazon, Google Play, etc.). Apparently, this is the "single" release for Episode 2, the way Another Silent Way was for Episode 1.

Don't pay Qobuz's exorbitant price. As a single track, it's available at regular single track prices on other platforms, like Tidal ($3.59), and Tidal's one of the more expensive ones. Although, I just remembered that TIDAL only does 16-bit lossless. So, you may want to wait for the other 24-bit retailers to list it, like 7Digital, Acoustic Sounds, HDTracks, and ProStudioMasters. They're usually a few days slower than Qobuz at listing new releases, but they'll probably have it for $2.

The full Episode 2 bundle is next week's Thursday Drift release, released on all regular retail and streaming platforms. The tracks may be mixed like they were on Episode 1, so this single release might still be a unique unmixed version, if you're into collecting (24-bit) lossless.

Edit: Appleshine Continuum is only $1.49 on Qobuz US. And it looks like they pushed it out only in 16-bit, no 24-bit.
Old 03-01-2019, 12:45 PM
philth
Sounding Like A Chainsaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintrik View Post
Strange that Appleshine Continuum is available on Qobuz... I am certainly hoping that they'll repackage DRIFT, Episode 2 in lossless format, like they did for Episode 1.

Anyone got any info?

Should be released towards the end of next week (March 7th) if the info I got is right (see attached image).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2019-03-01 at 20.43.51.png
Views:	225
Size:	546.0 KB
ID:	434  
Old 03-14-2019, 12:45 PM
darktrain