Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > headset.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2007, 11:40 AM
34958hq439-qjw9v5jq298v5j
blue

Re: Radiohead, new album "In Rainbows" next week
Right, and how many of the 60% that didn't pay would have paid for a physical release? I'd be willing to bet a lot of people got this album who had never heard of the band, or wasn't a big enough fan to buy a CD from them.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:44 AM
Sean
Where in the world...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 34958hq439-qjw9v5jq298v5j
Right, and how many of the 60% that didn't pay would have paid for a physical release? I'd be willing to bet a lot of people got this album who had never heard of the band, or wasn't a big enough fan to buy a CD from them.
That too. It was definitely great exposure.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:07 PM
joethelion
needing Diet Mountain Dew

right...

and now it'll be even HARDER to get concert tickets in the US

it's funny - I have yet to be able to score tickets for a single US show... I had to go all the way to the Hurricane Festival in Germany (around the time of HttT) in order to see them live

no - I didn't actually fly there just for the festival, I was already in Europe backpacking w/ my sister, we just lucked out (Bjork, Massive Attack, Radiohead, Underworld, amongst others were at that festival)
Old 11-06-2007, 01:10 PM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
Though i kind of lost interest in Radiohead with "Hail to the Thief", I finally went and downloaded this (paid about $6).
Definitely enjoying the upbeat tracks(15 step and Bodysnatchers have great hooks to bring you into the album), but after a few listens, it feels unfinished (hence the 8 other tracks on the physical release) or maybe just passes by too fast without making a big impression. i need to spend some headphone time with it. But it is a return to form.
Old 11-06-2007, 06:11 PM
bryantm3
It's Written In The Book!

so i bought it for £1.45, and it's very good. favourites are 'weird fishes/arpeggi' and 'house of cards'. still don't like 'videotape'.
Old 11-06-2007, 06:20 PM
bryantm3
It's Written In The Book!

Quote:
Originally Posted by irons
So Ralpharetta = Alpharetta! MHS graduate right here
sweet!
it's weird to be on a forum this small and have several people from my hometown, where bigger forums like the moby boards or the genesis forums have no one from alpharetta.

that 01 and 10 thing, yeah, they might have planned something like that, but i'm listening to it now and they don't sound like they compliment each other; they sound like two totally different albums playing one at a time.

Last edited by bryantm3; 11-06-2007 at 06:29 PM.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:27 PM
taoyoyo
cosmic jogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantm3
sweet!
it's weird to be on a forum this small and have several people from my hometown, where bigger forums like the moby boards or the genesis forums have no one from alpharetta.

that 01 and 10 thing, yeah, they might have planned something like that, but i'm listening to it now and they don't sound like they compliment each other; they sound like two totally different albums playing one at a time.

... i think there's 3 or 4 of us (cacophony escaped the town if i remember correctly?), which is quite spooky... maybe if it was a more general 'atlanta' it wouldn't be quite so unusual?

let's hope UW come back to this neck of the woods when rick is chipper again... it was an oddly emotional experience for me watching the thursday london show via uwlive and not actually being there (having seen many a london uw gig when living in blighty).
Old 11-07-2007, 06:28 PM
taoyoyo
cosmic jogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantm3
sweet!
... i think there's 3 or 4 of us (cacophony escaped the town if i remember correctly?), which is quite spooky... maybe if it was a more general 'atlanta' it wouldn't be quite so unusual?

let's hope UW come back to this neck of the woods when rick is chipper again... it was an oddly emotional experience for me watching the thursday london show via uwlive and not actually being there (having seen many a london uw gig when living in blighty).
Old 11-07-2007, 07:04 PM
Scott Warner
delicious candy taster

Send a message via AIM to Scott Warner
I paid US $20 and then paid them another $80 for the boxset.
Old 11-08-2007, 02:06 PM
tantris
river

Send a message via AIM to tantris
First of all, I am enjoying the new album. I'm a consumer whore and splurged for the boxset that included an early download.

I did want to mention that Radiohead are attempting to do some live webcast right now, and can't seem to get it up and running. Guess they should have hired UW as a consultant to show 'em how it's done!