Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2006, 06:20 PM
joethelion
needing Diet Mountain Dew

JAL & Play Pig on beatport
...funny

did I miss an announcement or something? This totally caught me by surprise. I mean - I knew that they were going to come out digitally, but not through beatport... I thought that we'd get a proper announcement, and it'd be on underworldlive....

oh, and if you don't know what beatport is ->

www.beatport.com
Old 08-29-2006, 07:35 PM
BrotherLovesDub
barking dog

Re: JAL & Play Pig on beatport
beatport have high quality rips and no DRM. shame it's 2 bucks a track. not much more expensive to buy the 12"s.

thank you UW for not going with iTunes for these releases. DRM + 128mp4's = mass suckination.

wish it was easier to manage the HMV.JP store. i'll be buying mine through them.

Last edited by BrotherLovesDub; 08-29-2006 at 08:32 PM.
Old 08-29-2006, 08:37 PM
joethelion
needing Diet Mountain Dew

well - I pre-ordered the vinyl off of HMV.JP back when it was first mentioned here on the forums, and they still haven't shown up...

It's weird you were able to find the tracks on soulseek; as I've been looking for them on Solarseek for weeks and have never been able to find them! [which is especially weird as I thought that Solarseek was just the mac version of soulseek] ...well, I actually got the two Buick Project Remixes, but other than that...

So, I (foolishly) ended up buying the mp3's

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherLovesDub
there was a beatport announcement. high quality files, no DRM, but at 2 bucks each, i think i'll import the vinyl and get the high quality mp3's for free from Soulseek weeks before the vinyl hits the shelves. in fact, i only need the 2nd Heller mix of Peggy Sussed to complete the series.

wish it was easier to manage the HMV.JP store. i'll be buying mine through them.
Old 08-30-2006, 02:30 AM
stimpee
Administrator

2 bucks a track? hah. not really. Play Pig is €3,49 a track for WAV which is daylight robbery (€3.49 is close to $4.50 per track)

from Underworldlive.com:

"in other news - the riverrun remix 12"s are starting to get out there and with version 2 of the site on the horizon, expect some copies to be available in the shop in the not too distant future. you'll be able to buy and download the remixes from beatport in the coming weeks - and of course, these and the originals will be available to download from underworldlive.com soon."

Lets hope that these are available in FLAC for considerably less than €3.49. Beatport can kiss my ass. I'm still holding out hope for a CD release of some sort.

It seems like we are taking a big step backwards when all we want to do is own the tracks on CD to be able to do what we want with them like we have done for the past 20 years.

Last edited by stimpee; 08-30-2006 at 05:19 AM.
Old 08-30-2006, 02:37 AM
undarrenworld
bungalow

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethelion
well - I pre-ordered the vinyl off of HMV.JP back when it was first mentioned here on the forums, and they still haven't shown up...

Yes me too, I hope they will arrive.
EDIT: It says Order in progress

Last edited by undarrenworld; 08-30-2006 at 02:44 AM.
Old 08-30-2006, 04:36 AM
*_*
Hommeestunepassioninutile

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpee
It seems like we are taking a big step backwards when all we want to do is own the tracks on CD to be able to do what we want with them like we have done for the past 20 years.
hear hear!
Old 08-30-2006, 05:14 AM
lloyd
bungalow

I bought them cos I wanted to write about the store at my blog (and support my fav band). You pay 1euro extra for wavs, per track. That's rather a lot I think, especially when the downloadspeed there is only modest. And, no artwork to download which is plain bad.
Old 08-30-2006, 10:54 AM
King of Snake
smoking on the airplane

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpee
2 bucks a track? hah. not really. Play Pig is €3,49 a track for WAV which is daylight robbery (€3.49 is close to $4.50 per track)

from Underworldlive.com:

"in other news - the riverrun remix 12"s are starting to get out there and with version 2 of the site on the horizon, expect some copies to be available in the shop in the not too distant future. you'll be able to buy and download the remixes from beatport in the coming weeks - and of course, these and the originals will be available to download from underworldlive.com soon."

Lets hope that these are available in FLAC for considerably less than €3.49. Beatport can kiss my ass. I'm still holding out hope for a CD release of some sort.

...two thumbs way down for those prices

if this is the future of digital music, I'd rather stick to living in the past.
Old 08-30-2006, 02:55 PM
Badger
pants

Well my 5 spankly lovely 12''s arrived from Japan this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woo Wooo!!!!
Old 08-30-2006, 11:58 PM
Bargo
pants

Silly question probably, but are the Sunrise Dub and Vocal Remix mixes of JAL actually meant to sound the same, or did Beatport just screw up? Because I sure as heck can't tell a difference..