Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 05-28-2018, 06:33 PM
iamneorev
pants

Re: Bells & Circles Ft. Iggy Pop
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
They had their own digital fulfillment store created by ant in 2005-2010 or so. It wasn't that great. They really don't have the resources to build and maintain their own e-commerce solution. They already have digital fulfillment through their TM Stores shop platform. They just don't use it much, though I don't know why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khouri View Post
I’ve never understood this about Underworld. There are so many simple ways to monetize the vast amount of stuff they’ve already released for free and made unavailable.

That's why they seriously need a Bandcamp store. That way they can just upload the music and let Bandcamp handle the rest. No costs in building or maintaining anything. They seriously should just reissue their entire catalog digitally thru Bandcamp. Bandcamp has various formats as well as streaming capabilities.
Old 05-28-2018, 08:09 PM
jetpig
LoveyouLoveyouLoveyou

I'd re-buy Riverrun through bandcamp just to be supportive of it being available again.
Old 05-29-2018, 03:06 AM
purlieu
enofa

Yeah, Bandcamp is completely ideal for this kind of thing. Upload tracks and art and it's done.
Old 05-29-2018, 05:42 AM
domsgotsideburns
mouseman

whew, a lot has been said about this track already, but it's quickly becoming one of my favourites from the band. iggy pop's input was a bit intriguing on the first listen, but after extensive plays, i now don't mind it at all. karl's catchy refrain really gets stuck into your head and the backing track is an absolute stomper. an awesome treat to your ears!

i hope underworld continues to make more songs in this similar vein. all the energy from this single track makes me very excited for whatever else they have prepared for the World of Underworld. in fact, there'll likely be another similar stomping track coming soon, which i cannot wait for...
Old 05-29-2018, 06:04 AM
potatobroth
bungalow

Quote:
Originally Posted by domsgotsideburns View Post
but it's quickly becoming one of my favourites from the band
really? really really? :P

After more listens i really love the music but hate the rant even more. chorus has grown me a bit however. i can't help but picture Ted Nugent when Iggy is ranting.
Old 05-29-2018, 06:12 AM
domsgotsideburns
mouseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by potatobroth View Post
really? really really? :P
yes really! i just can't get over it
what's interesting about this track is how controversial the discussion about it has been. many here either dislike iggy's adult ranting (i do find it a bit odd that underworld now have associations in a song that references drugs.. weren't they quite cautious about their music being linked to such things in the past?), or are rather fine with it.. and i'm in the latter
Old 05-29-2018, 06:16 AM
potatobroth
bungalow

yeah i hear ya. the rant just feels really cheap to me. and well, ranty.
Old 05-29-2018, 09:08 AM
darkvoice
mouseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by domsgotsideburns View Post
yes really! i just can't get over it
what's interesting about this track is how controversial the discussion about it has been. many here either dislike iggy's adult ranting (i do find it a bit odd that underworld now have associations in a song that references drugs.. weren't they quite cautious about their music being linked to such things in the past?), or are rather fine with it.. and i'm in the latter
I agree. Second part of the rant is lees internering then the stewardess part but the song just builds up the way I love from the band. It has something from Dark and Long drive and the vocals are like moanerisk (is this a thing?). They should release a version with Karl doing the full vocals 😀
Old 05-29-2018, 10:21 AM
pandamagic
river

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Snake View Post
Sure it's a "rant" from a guy from another time but this #MeToo sensitivity can go too far you know.
actually the stewardess bit didn't really register as problematic to me at all. what rubs me the wrong way is how banal iggy's rant is. like - you used to be able to smoke on a plane, and now you can't? that's it? is this supposed to be some kind of elegy for the 70s when you could be as insensitive as you wanted without repercussions? cause that's a bit suspect coming from someone famous and privileged enough to have enjoyed self-indulgence with impunity during a decade that was really shitty for a lot of other kinds of people. and if its supposed to be self-parody of rock-star ego well then its just too subtle to register and that's entirely the fault of the creators. there's no give-away that leads us to that interpretation.

the best underworld tracks have lyrics that are oblique, poetic, nonsensical, and slyly profound, and this offers none of that. but the production is decent enough I suppose, so not a total waste of time.
Old 05-29-2018, 12:24 PM
iamneorev
pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetpig View Post
I'd re-buy Riverrun through bandcamp just to be supportive of it being available again.
So would I. Hell, I'll rebuy their entire discogs if they made it all available digitally.