Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > moments.

Old 04-09-2018, 04:00 PM
Billy Goat
mouseman

24 years since Glasgow Tramways!
I randomly decided this morning to listen to my favourite ever Underworld gig- Glasgow Tramways or as I refer to it Sound City 94. It was the first time I'd ever heard of them and it was only because they were on in between Stereo MCs (I think) and Brand New Heavies that I recorded it.
It was only when I clicked on it this morning that I realised that gig was 24 years ago yesterday! I first properly listened to the recording I made from Radio 1 24 years ago today and I have to say I think it sounds as good today as it did the first time I heard it and the bonus is I now know all the (correct) words! 😂
I know all artists tend not to look back but I would absolutely love it if they gave us a nod back to those days and dropped the versions of NUXX and Mmm Skyscraper in to the set they play this summer, especially the Radio 1 gig in Ireland (so I might be able to record it this time as well), I think that would be kind of neat!
Old 04-13-2018, 05:19 AM
potatobroth
bungalow

Re: 24 years since Glasgow Tramways!
is that on the tracker? ive been listening to a ton of STITI recently and would love an old show to listen to
Old 04-13-2018, 11:14 AM
joethelion
needing Diet Mountain Dew

oh - that's a good show!

It's one of the few recordings I've managed to keep (I don't even want to think about the number of HD + External HD's I've lost over the past 10-15 years)

I hadn't listened to it in a while, but after your mention - I put it on my iPod.

That segment of 'Born Slippy NUXX' -> 'Dogman Go Woof' -> 'Skyscraper' is SO GREAT
Old 04-13-2018, 12:01 PM
Billy Goat
mouseman

I just had a look on the tracker and I couldn't see it. Pm me if you want it!

It's my favourite all time version of Skyscraper- the bit after Karl says they're about to go off the air with the improv keyboard and the strings is perfection for me. The strings don't work as well on any other version I've ever heard!

Last edited by Billy Goat; 04-13-2018 at 12:07 PM.
Old 04-17-2018, 02:17 PM
stimpee
Administrator

It should be on the tracker. Amazingly its not. I'll upload it when I get time... Or maybe Todd wants to... We have a great soundboard with extra unbroadcast tracks and great artwork.
Old 04-17-2018, 02:52 PM
mark3
pants

The torrent is there, Todd did upload it in 2010, but it's dead now. Guess someone has to request a re-seed and see what happens.
Old 04-18-2018, 03:57 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

My seedbox's been offline for about a year. I have to get around to reseeding everything.
Old 05-31-2018, 02:04 PM
proedros
river

please do reseed