Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > headset.

Old 08-11-2013, 07:04 AM
stimpee
Administrator

Lackluster / Esa Ruoho: Music now Pay-What-You-Want on Bandcamp till end of 2013
Finnish electronic music legend, Lackluster's entire Bandcamp output has since yesterday been put to pay-what-you-want until the end of the year or until as he puts it: " until I run out of free downloads"

The albums are at http://lackluster.bandcamp.com/: Take advantage and tell your friends, if you like.. Now's your chance to hook up "Container", "Wrapping", "Spaces", "Places", "Molies", "Compcomp", "On The Hangar of Spaceship Earth", "The Invisible Spanish Inquisition", "Scattered Harvest", "Repulsine", "Aeration", "Compilationtracks 2008-2010", "Portal", "Riversmouth", "What You Want Isn't What You Need", "Slice" and "CDR#2"

Seriously good music, and one that we hope to get to do a Dirtymix for dirtyRadio in the near future. Stay tuned to the forums and to the dirtyRadio website. Meanwhile, download some albums, and pay the man something while you're at it.

Discogs: http://www.discogs.com/artist/Lackluster

Esa Juhani Ruoho is one among the up and coming ambient electronic artists in Finland today. His first major label release, Container (deFocus, UK) was well received by critics and the electronic enthusiasts alike. He has after that had releases thru labels like Merck (Miami,US), Rikos Records (Finland), U-cover (Belgium), Inc.Us (Belgium), Zeal Records (Belgium), Psychonavigation (Ireland), New Speak Records (Sweden).

Born October 26, 1978 in Helsinki, Esa first became interested in computer music when he was 6. Some of his early favorites were the songs created for C64 games, later modules by such luminaries as Aleksi Eeben, Niko Nyman, Sami Järvinen, and others, on the Commodore Amiga. By 1994, Esa had shifted his musical interests to ambient/idm and has later on flourished as a member of the Helsinki scene, providing music for various netlabels like monotonik and kahvi.

Currently, Esa continues to release thru several international labels and explores new tracks & techniques at his flat in eastern Helsinki.

Last edited by stimpee; 08-11-2013 at 07:07 AM.
Old 08-11-2013, 06:26 PM
jOHN rODRIGUEZ
SystematicallyDisadsomthg

Re: Lackluster / Esa Ruoho: Music now Pay-What-You-Want on Bandcamp till end of 2013
Omg, thanks, I'm gonna totally go to a free wi-fi place and get it for free-free. Oh, & my song of the day is Radiohead's Treefingers.

I was really being grateful! Love ya stimpee!

Last edited by jOHN rODRIGUEZ; 08-12-2013 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Waaait...
Old 08-12-2013, 09:41 AM
stimpee
Administrator

Re: Lackluster / Esa Ruoho: Music now Pay-What-You-Want on Bandcamp till end of 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by jOHN rODRIGUEZ View Post
Omg, thanks, I'm gonna totally go to a free wi-fi place and get it for free-free. Oh, & my song of the day is Radiohead's Treefingers.
wow. such sarcasm. you try and do people a favour...
Old 08-12-2013, 11:48 AM
crank
I'm a big sister

Steve- thanks!
I've loved ESA for YEARS. glad he's still making music.
Old 11-15-2014, 05:32 AM
esaruoho
river

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpee View Post
Finnish electronic music legend, Lackluster's entire Bandcamp output has since yesterday been put to pay-what-you-want until the end of the year or until as he puts it: " until I run out of free downloads"
Oops, I accidentally let the free-for-all continue till November 2014. But rest assured, they all cost something now. Whether that's good or not is debatable!

I've added CDR#1 (a, well, slightly rare, slightly historical, original cd-r from 1999) and Moments (a 2014 lp).

I'm going to be adding a Merck Carepackage with vinyl-only releases, and a deFocus Recordings Package with more vinyl-only-releases -- we will see what this second one will change into.

There is also an album coming out this year, called Lexicon of Goods..

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpee View Post
Seriously good music, and one that we hope to get to do a Dirtymix for dirtyRadio in the near future. Stay tuned to the forums and to the dirtyRadio website. Meanwhile, download some albums, and pay the man something while you're at it.
Tell me more, Stimpee. My email is esaruoho@gmail.com and i'm always open to something.
Old 11-15-2014, 05:33 AM
esaruoho
river

Quote:
Originally Posted by crank View Post
Steve- thanks!
I've loved ESA for YEARS. glad he's still making music.
Aww! Yes, I'm still around, and Undulate LP is still not released.. Hanging onto that for dear life. Started work on fixing up a second album.. slowly.
Mostly been doing remixes and giving tunes to compilations.. like the excellent V/A: Touched -series..
Which you might be aware of due to who else is on the compilations too!

http://touched.bandcamp.com/
Old 11-29-2014, 12:32 PM
crank
I'm a big sister

Thanks ESA! Glad you are still kicking it! We used to email YEARS ago. back in 2000/2001.... Looking forward to hearing your new stuff!
Old 11-30-2014, 08:37 AM
stimpee
Administrator

Lackluster / Esa is an underrated musician. Check out his stuff on bandcamp and throw a few dollars / euros / pounds his way so he has money to buy food!
Old 12-17-2014, 11:06 AM
esaruoho
river

Quote:
Originally Posted by crank View Post
Thanks ESA! Glad you are still kicking it! We used to email YEARS ago. back in 2000/2001.... Looking forward to hearing your new stuff!
Hi crank! I can now confirm that Lexicon of Goods is now out on JellyFish Frequency Recordings. It's a pay-what-you-want on their bandcamp page.

All income from that LP go as donations to the Martin Fleischmann Memorial Project (#MFMP) at http://www.quantumheat.org/ - historically important alternative energy research.
Old 12-19-2014, 12:31 PM
crank
I'm a big sister

Quote:
Originally Posted by esaruoho View Post
Hi crank! I can now confirm that Lexicon of Goods is now out on JellyFish Frequency Recordings. It's a pay-what-you-want on their bandcamp page.

All income from that LP go as donations to the Martin Fleischmann Memorial Project (#MFMP) at http://www.quantumheat.org/ - historically important alternative energy research.
Thanks Man! Heading there now!

Esa! "So There Spherical" holy cow. AMAZEBALLS.

Last edited by crank; 12-19-2014 at 02:09 PM.