Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > technique.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2008, 08:31 AM
//\/\/
slogging it out

Re: Liverpwned
how come those brilliant fans didn't chant "you DO know what you're doing"?

funny how jose got the boot for producing a boring-yet-effective team; and grant's staying in his job for producing a more-boring-yet-more-effective team!

yes; last night was a good match - and about bloody time - say what you like,fffolkes; they're the dullest team in the league by a long chalk...
Old 05-01-2008, 09:57 AM
BeautifulBurnout
MadMinistrator

I'm still not reading this thread.
Old 05-01-2008, 11:50 AM
ffolkes
Rufus Excalibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by //\/\/ View Post
funny how jose got the boot for producing a boring-yet-effective team; and grant's staying in his job for producing a more-boring-yet-more-effective team!

yes; last night was a good match - and about bloody time - say what you like,fffolkes; they're the dullest team in the league by a long chalk...
the differing opinions between roman and jose (jose didn't want sheva and ballack etc) and jose's claimed ego mostly resulted in their fallout.

grant is holding on to the job for now thanks to roman's CL dream. grant also doesn't share jose's fervour, he seems more obedient to what roman wants... but if he fails to deliver the CL win i'd say his position isn't that sure.

as to the dullest team remark, that's in the eye of the beholder no matter how you put it.
Old 05-01-2008, 06:44 PM
IsiliRunite
de la Michigan

Send a message via AIM to IsiliRunite
Winning is not dull.

Oh snap!
Old 05-02-2008, 08:23 AM
//\/\/
slogging it out

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsiliRunite View Post
Winning is not dull.
...it ain't what you do, it's the way that you do it...
Old 05-02-2008, 08:49 AM
sanblaster
Niet een Engelsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by //\/\/ View Post
...it ain't what you do, it's the way that you do it...

We fc barcepwnd supporters know a bit about that.
Pass me the ventolin I need some more
We have ways of making you think
They told me over a drink
Old 05-02-2008, 08:52 AM
big screen satellite
Still Number 1

Chelsea, like Arsenal of a few years back, play dull football - this is a FACT.

But if it is effective then the fans don't care, especially that fickle lot down at the Bridge... if it wins them trophies, they will pay their £50+ seats for the priviledge and good luck to them, most of us who support teams who support teams lower down the league would happily have their team win stuff playing boring footy - hell thats how Rangers got to the Uefa Cup Final...

and take the whole Frank Lampard issue... i have been to the bridge several times and he is berated by a lot of people (often unjustly) but now, because of a sad event in his life, its like nothing that went before mattered... Lampard is the (new) saviour (the press this week have been the same... wankers) - yes it is sad to lose a loved one, but is it brave to go back to work - family berievement comes to everyone... anyway people should like or loath Lampard for his playing ability - not for what has happened in his private life....

likewise the whole Grant vs Jose issue... if he wins them a single or double this year - he'll be their most sucessful manager ever... not bad for a character from wind in the willows

anyway, i obviously hope Bhelsea win nothing, but if they win somethingn then Grant isn't safe either way, that c**t Kenyon will see to that, he wants trophies and style and soon...

i've already had several Liverpool fans say that they wish United win the Champions league and league because they think it would be a travesty for football if Chelsea do...

its funny Chelsea seem to be more hated than United this season... winning at all costs isn't flattering
Old 05-02-2008, 03:01 PM
chuck
i'm getting older too

Send a message via ICQ to chuck Send a message via AIM to chuck
Just want to say in defense of the arsenal - that "few years back" is quite a few now.

We're talking mid-90's. Which is like you know, when the internet was still virginal.

I'm torn. I love the way the Arse have played under Wenger, but I have to say that it's been a rough 3 years - despite such promise and flair from the squad.

Missed most of the Lampard stuff - but it does get it a bit hollywood-shit when that somehow means more. As if going to work in any profession after losing a loved one is any different. bollocks.

BADGER! Brilliant! It's been bugging me all season.

So that would make Wenger - Ratty. Or is he Mole - for being so blind.

- S. Colbert
Old 05-02-2008, 05:36 PM
Rog
the fuckest upest

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post

BADGER! Brilliant! It's been bugging me all season.
no you muppet! he is Mr fuckin toad of stamford toad hallbridge

and Matt,s post is absolutely spot on!
the lampo thing, oooH, nobody that famous has ever had some one die on them RIP Pat Lampard, but there,s milking it and there,s milking it (press wise) get a fuckin grip fer gods sake.

yours , a pissed off liverpool fan who can,t understand some of rfa,s team selections.......why, when he has played Babel all season suddenly play benewhotisface??? pah! whatever! and good night
Old 05-02-2008, 10:46 PM
ffolkes
Rufus Excalibur

matt's post was interesting.

i agree with the lampard issue, especially the way the press is obviously milking it. it doesn't remove the sympathy i had for him, lamps has always been one of my favourite blues players. and knowing how he's got lambasted before (often wrongly so imo) i just felt that scoring that penalty under such a sad week for him was sincerely a very emotional moment. there was nothing hollywood about that.

but then the press turned it into a heroic cheesefest. and what else is new? the press always exploits any kind of drama and blows it out of proportions. i can understand people getting sick of those headlines, but it certainly isn't frank's fault. your press is shit. FACT

and yeah it does seem chelsea is the most hated team at the moment, at least within the big clubs. i don't mind, like most ppl here, i've been a fan for ages... which in this case goes way back before roman's money. i think that is the definitive reason why people cannot stand the current chelsea: their success is not tolerated because people think they've basically bought it. and yeah in parts it probably is true. there's no denying the talent that money has brought to chelsea, but they have also turned into a winning team. not being beat at stamford for several years is a good example of that, and it is something that i naturally cherish.

and of course winning isn't everything: it's the only thing