Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > headset.

Old 07-25-2006, 12:53 PM
darktrain
powered by robuts

DJ Shadow - The Outsider
leaked like a muhfucka.

initial reactions: i was puzzled when 3 Freaks came out a few months ago, but grew to love it. right now i'm puzzled by the whole album...hopefully it'll grow on me, too. it's about 1/3 crunk, 1/4 coldplay, and umm...yeah...it's all over the place.

Enuff is fucking HOTT though! i may be a little biased from my unconditional love of Lateef, but this song is summertime defined
Old 07-25-2006, 02:34 PM
b.miller
Gentleman Loafer

Send a message via ICQ to b.miller Send a message via AIM to b.miller Send a message via MSN to b.miller Send a message via Yahoo to b.miller
Re: DJ Shadow - The Outsider
I don't like it at all. there are a few tracks that would be ok minor songs on an otherwise good album but since they're the highlights on this one... that sucks.

and I can't stand the chorus on Enuff....

the new Jurassic 5 record is much awesomer in my opinion.
Old 07-25-2006, 05:05 PM
winjer
mouseman

Wow... initial impressions leave me extremely unimpressed.... ugh
Old 07-25-2006, 05:50 PM
grady
fac321

mixed bag, and I wonder why too.

Guess everything can't be stellar. I've only made it through a listen and a half or so and not really to compelled by anything yet.
Old 07-28-2006, 03:36 AM
Cadevil
exilio

Granted I've only heard 2 tracks off this...but they're both extremely embarassing...seems VERY unoriginal, and very un-Shadow...
Old 08-04-2006, 01:03 PM
sloff
that's mista mouseman

Friend of mine mine gave me a copy of this yesterday. Its so odd. I feel like I'm listening to two EPs. Really, the album doesn't fit together very well.

When I heard the sample of 3 Freaks a few months ago I was very nervous, but hoped it was just an experimental kind of track for him. I was disappointed to hear so many of the tracks that feature MCs aren't any more original or exciting than that one. I did like "Seein Thangs" w/ David Banner has a great dark grit to it. Reminds me of that Mos Def & Massive Attack track on Blade 2 which I love.

Overall I'm diggin 4 out of 17 of the tracks, not a very high score. Hope it grows on me, I hate being dissapointed by artists I think are talented. *cough*U2-AllThatYouCan'tLeaveBehind*cough*