Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > craft.

Old 03-08-2006, 09:00 AM
Future Proof
Richard Simmons

R.I.P. Doru Malaia...
Doru Malaia, the maker of Reason Refill and samples disks, passed away 3 weeks ago from lung cancer and this has apparently been confirmed on the KVRaudio forums. For any that didn't know this guy, this guy spent literal years putting together his product, offered countless free refills, would answer any question you asked and when you said thanks to him, he'd come back with a reply just to say "you're welcome".

He was definately the nicest guy in music and whereas on music forums you constantly run into people that hoard their secrets and tricks he gave them out freely. He hoped that everything he did helped little musicians like us, and that's the sole reason he worked as hard as he did or gave a damn.

I never met the guy but I'm pretty upset. Definately a huge loss to the music world and even if I'm the only guy that knew of him that is a Dirt, he definately deserves at least my kind words. RIP Doru...
Old 03-10-2006, 05:28 AM
Leon
bungalow

Re: R.I.P. Doru Malaia...
Wow... I downloaded refills from his site, and I know he had (had) lungcancer.
I sent him a thank-mail for the downloads, as that was the least I could do, because I don't have money to buy refills. And yes, he wrote a kind mail back.