Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2005, 01:53 AM
Dirty0900
Only £50 a show,book now.

Pizza for Eggs press [via myspace]
This was posted today:

Last fortnight's launch of 'Lovely Broken Thing' - part 1 in Underworld's Riverrun Project - was a welcome surprise for Underworld fans embracing the digital music age. On December 7, we're in for another electronic treat as Rick and Karl provide us with a second taste of their musical pizza... uhm... project.

Pizza for Eggs is another 25 minute excursion through Underworld's warped mindset. This time it comes with a more down-tempo style. Deep drums, experimental ambience, strange use of the trademark vocals and a variety of soothing sounds make up this component.

On speaking about Pizza for Eggs, Karl said:

"Maybe you've downloaded 'lovely broken thing' already, maybe you haven't, we're not waiting though. Here's the next installment 'pizza for eggs'. It’s same format as before, a 25 minute mix but this time with a tribal/dubwise feel and karl at his most "beatific". Also keep your ears out for some stunning remixes of tracks from this new collection and the previous one.

It is again to be distributed exclusively via underworldlive.com and this digital only release will set you back a fiver (pounds that is - £5).

Packaged with the music, comes 444 pictures taken by the band, access to the archive on underworldlive.com, and full release artwork.

Also keep an eye/ear/modem peeled for a series of remixes that will be released in coming months. Included is Paul Woolford's hot mix of "JAL to Tokyo" and other reworks from Martinez, Pete Heller, and Robag Wruhme.

When it rains it pours in the Underworld camp... that is for sure.

------
So its all new material which is good, i didnt want to pay for remix's!
Old 12-05-2005, 02:18 AM
'(a lot of poisson)'
river

Re: Pizza for Eggs press [via myspace]
good news!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty0900
So its all new material which is good, i didnt want to pay for remix's!
i agree with you, since beaucoup fish i'm a little bit desappointed (except for bruce lee)
Old 12-05-2005, 02:29 AM
Yannick
Mew Mew

it's funny how you guys get the myspace post before notice the one I post on dirty hehe
Old 12-05-2005, 04:36 AM
stimpee
Administrator

This is the announcement from RTSR:

Underworld The Riverrun Project
`pizza for eggs' available globally online – 7th December 2005
Label – www.underworldlive.com
Catalogue numbers - UWR-0500004-1
Download exclusively from: www.underworldlive.com
Price - £5 per package

• Less than a month after releasing `lovely broken thing', Underworld's first new material in 2 years, Rick and Karl announce the launch of the 2nd package of their Riverrun project entitled `pizza for eggs'. Available to download from 7th December, globally and exclusively from www.underworldlive.com , it's a 25 minute body of music, showing the ethereal side to the Underworld sound.

• Also announcing a series of remixes that will be released over the coming months featuring names like Martinez, Pete Heller, Paul Woolford and Robag Wruhme on reworking duties.

• Anyone looking for a definition of the meaning of psychedelia in the twentyfirst century should reach for their ipod now. `pizza for eggs' is the 2nd installment in
a series of listening experiences which are neither singles nor albums, but an entirely new way to hear Underworld's music. Featuring a series of interwoven pieces, it's an opportunity for the band to venture into whichever direction they like, and release their latest music directly to you, whenever and wherever you want it.

`pizza for eggs' shows the deeper, more ambient and experimental side to Underworld's sound - the perfect counterpart to the recent `lovely broken thing'
download that featured the track `JAL to Tokyo' which is picking up plaudits by fans and DJ's alike. Here's how it works. Taking time out from the corporate waltz which
forces bands into a Groundhog Day style loop of recording and touring, Underworld are swerving standard procedure. Underworld are issuing a series of download-only listening experiences that will be an entirely new way to hear their music. The downloads also come with a full photographic accompaniment of 444 pictures taken by the band, access to the archive on www.underworldlive.com , and full artwork. This can be all yours for just a fiver. Really, what are you waiting for?

"Maybe you've downloaded "lovely broken thing" already, maybe you haven't, we're not waiting though. Here's the next installment "pizza for eggs". It's same format as before, a 25 minute mix but this time with a tribal/dubwise feel and karl at his most "beatific". Also keep your ears out for some stunning remixes of tracks from this new collection and the previous one. Paul Woolford's mix of "JAL to Tokyo" has been picking up an underground buzz already and has featured in his essential mix from last month, and on Pete Tong's show last Friday. Over the next few weeks there will be more from Denmark's Martinez, JBO's finest Pete Heller, Robag Wruhme amongst many others. Check the website for up to the minute info on all of this www.underworldlive.com" -
- Rick Smith (25th November 2005)

The band are busier than ever. A quick rummage through Karl and Rick's diaries reveals all manner of surreal adventures, Currently in Japan playing sell out shows,
Karl's recent graphic novel to an on-going collaboration with a certain sonic futurist, to a soon come film score to Oscar-winning director Anthony Minghella's next flick Breaking And Entering.

Underworld will see you in the speakers.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:30 AM
lloyd
bungalow

2 nights of sleep and it's sinterklaas again!
Old 12-05-2005, 05:49 AM
Dirty0900
Only £50 a show,book now.

I've forgotten my RTSR details