Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 11-24-2015, 02:41 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Re: New Album: Barbara Barbara, we face a shining future (March 18, 2016)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lx_Nen View Post
The shop isn't saying that anymore, so I guess that means the first 100 have all gone. My email receipt definitely says "Special Edition (Signed/Numbered)", so I think that means I was quick enough :-)
I ordered mine a half hour before the news releases went out, so I'm crossing my fingers for #1.
Old 11-24-2015, 03:23 PM
Troy McClure
I'm the Spoonman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
I ordered mine a half hour before the news releases went out, so I'm crossing my fingers for #1.

What is a test pressing anyways? I've never owned anything like that before? Will it look or feel any different than a traditional vinyl release?

Jason
Old 11-24-2015, 04:38 PM
ultradave
the doorway boy...

I gave the Soundcloud link a listen. Interesting teaser I will have to say. UW tracks almost always shift in progression, so it's really hard to tell. The first track is very different than what I'd be expecting... it is definitely very trancelike, but then the vocals take it even further back to a more 80's feel (to my ears)...

Oh, but then once it kicks in with "The Rhythm..." I am sold on this track for sure. I always love Karl playing guitar on UW tracks, so I'm excited about this too.

Last edited by ultradave; 11-24-2015 at 04:40 PM.
Old 11-24-2015, 10:08 PM
marcolphus
mouseman

The first snippet reminds me of this year's Leftfield's album. Sounds very modern... Don't know if I like it.

BTW. What's the use to advertise the album 4 months before the release? The excitement will be gone within month or two for me...
Old 11-24-2015, 10:25 PM
//\/\/
slogging it out

Japan exclusives? (faints with surprise)

Why not just treat the rest of us properly?

Just for once.

(first clip reminds me of Orbital...)
Old 11-25-2015, 02:59 AM
whatmakesustick

Does anyone understand how the roundhouse tickets work?

The news letter says that from Fri you can purchase the CD and ticket together, but today, there is a 'round house tickets' product on the store that requires an access code.

So....do you have to buy the CD to get an access code (which is disappointing as I just spent 100quid of the super-duper-thingy), or is this a completely different pre-sale that I am unaware of?

I ask because I have stopped getting emails from Underworld/TMstore as I think my email provider is blocking them (even though I have added them to safe senders).

Thanks.
Old 11-25-2015, 04:40 AM
purlieu
enofa

Thought: relatively short recording time + short album after such a long gap. Could they be planning to put out shorter albums more regularly after this, rather than longer albums further apart?

There does seem to have been a trend in recent years to bring albums back down to the 50 minute mark after the CD-fillers of the '90s. Orbital and FSOL have been doing it as well. But this one is very obviously shorter than normal - at seven tracks I was hoping for some lengthy pieces so the runtimes really surprised me.

Japanese bonus tracks on CD releases are still somewhat industry standard these days, sadly.
Old 11-25-2015, 07:35 AM
potatobroth
bungalow

the last snippet sounds quite amazing. the first reminds snip reminds me of Between Stars - a song I always figured the boys loved that I've never enjoyed.

8 tracks seems quite short but I'll reserve that judgement for later.
Old 11-25-2015, 11:01 AM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcolphus View Post
The first snippet reminds me of this year's Leftfield's album. Sounds very modern... Don't know if I like it.

BTW. What's the use to advertise the album 4 months before the release? The excitement will be gone within month or two for me...
Makes sense to announce early...even though we know the boys have been busy with lots since Barking (Olympics, Trance, Edgeland, Eno collabs, touring dubno, etc etc), to the popular culture, they've been out of the public eye, by and large. With return albums by Prodigy, Leftfield and Chemical Brothers after lengthy hiatuses, it makes marketing sense for UW to build buzz early. And in the meantime, some folks might decide that the new STITI boxset is just in time for Christmas!

Re that first track from the preview snippet; I like how its already evoked an odd response.
Somehow it reminds us of Leftfield, Daft Punk, Orbital, Eno, and UW themselves or not at all. Definitely has an 80s vibe for me.
I'd bet its the lead single...
Old 11-25-2015, 01:48 PM
whatmakesustick

Quote:
Originally Posted by holden View Post
Re that first track from the preview snippet; I like how its already evoked an odd response.
Somehow it reminds us of Leftfield, Daft Punk, Orbital, Eno, and UW themselves or not at all. Definitely has an 80s vibe for me.
I'd bet its the lead single...
I was about to post exactly the same comment! Guess it's fairly original if it's not so easily likened o something else.